Saturday, May 2, 2009

Color. My life has needed a little color. I haven't planted many things - but I have chosen to add some refreshing, springy color to our front porch and flower beds.
Last weekend's house guest, Jocelynne, oh we loved having her here. What a sweetie.

Willem and I did a little photo shoot the other afternoon while Merit was in school! Willem is usually not big on having his picture taken. Lots of hiding from the camera... but on this afternoon I had a cute little poser on my hands.


Ok, this is the "are we about done with pictures?" look.



My fav.










The last weekend I saw my mom, together we bought a bundle of tulips for a bridal shower she was hosting. Each spring when I see these tulips pop up in my yard I think of that memory.






Betty, my gardening helper! If I let her get a hold of the plastic containers the plants come in, she goes wild!











On April 29th, Vance's brother John and his wife Katie had a healthy, adorable baby girl - Kendal Grace! Thank God for a healthy baby. Hopefully I can post a picture or two of her soon.
Oh and next time I hope to post some pics of Merit... he didn't make this entry!

10 comments:

April said...

Michele~
Your photography always takes my breath away...REALLY it does! The pictures of Willem are precious! Glad that seeing tulips makes you think warmly of your sweet mom.

April said...

I just received your beautiful cards in the mail today...I love them all! Thank you so very much!

Tami said...

Gorgeous pictures....beautiful flowers...love the colors!!

Have a great weekend!!
Hugs~T

Mindy K said...

White flowers bring memories of Clarice. Isn't it funny how the memories come flooding back. It is a blessing. I can't wait for Kendal photos. I was looking at old photo albums this week, and I came across a photo of you, you mom, and your sisters. I will scan it and emial it to you. I have always liked the beautiful smiling faces of this photo. It predates my passion for pictures without clutter in the back ground, but maybe you could photo shop it out. I think we are at the Toppers Hall.

Unknown said...

Great photos of Willem! Beautiful flowers too!

Anonymous said...

The pictures of Willem are so good! I love the flowers!

Natasha said...

Love that first picture of the cute pots and flowers! Willem is so cute, hope you guys had a great weekend!

Tara said...

Love the pics. Your son is adorable. And of course the dog. He's a lab? We have a yellow and love her to pieces. My blog is really just a compilation of weekly articles I write for the local paper. Wish I could make it more appealing to the eye; I'm not too "up" on the how to's of that. Glad you are having a healthy pregnancy!

Lesha said...

All your pictures look like magazine material! It is so much fun to plant things in the spring. I always think of mom a lot too, she was a natural horticulturist. : )

Maria said...

Your flowers are always so vibrant and beautiful and what a great idea for the milk glass! I especially love the second pic. :) Thanks again Michele.

Weekend Highlights!

Prom!  Stunning couples!  A gorgeous evening!  Willem and Raegen! Yesterday was the baseball parade and opening ceremonies! SO many people! ...