Wednesday, April 29, 2009

My mom's Birthday

April 30th -- what a wonderful day. The day my dear mom was born! My Grandma Alma tells the sweet story of having her first baby, my mom Karen Ann on April 30th in Seattle, WA. A healthy blue eyed darling girl. Then on May 1st, MAY DAY, baskets were brought to the new mothers in the labor and delivery. My grandma speaks of that unbelievable joy of holding her first baby and thanking God for the miracle of life. My grandma was born to be a mother and she taught my mom so well, my mom's favorite job was raising her kids.
My mom was raised in Lynden, WA and was the oldest of five children. My mom always had a smile on her face and truly called Lynden home, with so many friends and so much family there. My mom raised five children -- I am the oldest. I have two wonderful sisters and two witty brothers!
Our mom's love for Jesus was evident. Her patience and kindness radiated.
If my mom were alive today, she would be 54.
God bless you mom! I can imagine you enjoying the gardens of heaven -- on this special day, your birthday.



11 comments:

Natasha said...

Such cute pictures of mom! I love your post, so true.

Lesha said...

I am so glad I checked this this morning. You are so good with your words. Love, Lesha

Daphine said...

Beautiful post and a great tribute to your Mom!

Big hugs your way today dear friend.

April said...

Your mom was so young and beautiful, Michele! I know how the memories come flooding back...happens to me, too! I'm praying for you on this day of remembrance!

mariemolitor said...

I didn't realized today was your mom's birthday! I'm sure you miss her! I really enjoy learning about her from what you've written!

Susanna said...

What a wonderful remembrance of your mom.

Mindy K said...

I bet birthdays in Heaven are the unimaginable! Hugs from Mindy!

Tami said...

Such precious thoughts of your Mom!
What a wonderful comfort it must be to know that you will be in the gardens of heaven with her one day.

Have a great weekend!
Hugs~T

Worsham Family said...

Happy Birthday to your mom!!! What a privelage to share a birthday with such a great lady and incidentaly my middle name is Ann :)

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to your Mom! I know you miss her terribly! This was a wonderful post!

Maria said...

I'm sorry you had to miss the last study night. There were so many great things she had say that made me think of you and your mom! We will have to get together and watch it sometime.

Wild Will

  When Merit was a senior, I had all the feels.  Now that Willem is a senior, I have all those feels but they are intensified.  Because now ...