Monday, May 4, 2009

Spring, brave birds and kite flying


Cousin fun!
My nephew Fischer, Merit and Willem. These boys were riding the dinosaur at the park today. We were there having lunch to celebrate Grandma Adie's birthday(she is in town to help and celebrate the birth of our new niece, Kendal). I said a couple of times "boys, look over here" But they were busy laughing and rocking the dinosaur. All of a sudden all three boys looked over ... I snapped away. But I did wonder "what are they focusing on so intently??"


Then Merit yelled "MOM, that seagull is getting our lunch!"
I had to laugh and then rescue our food!

Windy spring days are common in Moses Lake, WA. One of our favorite spring, windy day activities is kite flying! Willem, dirty faced, blonde hair, blue eyed son.



Willem enjoying the wide open spaces and kite flying.


9 comments:

Tami said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tami said...

The expressions on their faces are priceless!! Sneaky seagulls!

Hugs~T

Anonymous said...

Great pictures! I am glad that you managed to save lunch!

April said...

A seagull eating your lunch...oh no! Hope you were able to save it before it was too late! The expression of panic on their faces is priceless!

Susanna said...

Cute little new pregnancy counter! I hope your beginning days of pregnancy are treating you well. And your pictures are sweet as ever.

Mindy K said...

Too cute. Mom had a great day. She sounded so happy yesterday. I am glad she got to spend her birthday with her boys. All 5 of them and little Knedal.

Natasha said...

Funny! Glad you guys are enjoying your spring weather!

Daphine said...

LOL at the expression on his face! Great pictures! I am also lovin' the open field! So free and relaxing....

Lesha said...

You do do a lot of kite flying. How cute that Willem, only three can probably fly a kite better than me!

Wild Will

  When Merit was a senior, I had all the feels.  Now that Willem is a senior, I have all those feels but they are intensified.  Because now ...