Saturday, March 18, 2023

peanut butter and honey

 I made a sandwich for my lunch at work Wednesday- a honey and peanut butter sandwich - while making it, I realized I maybe have not had a honey and peanut butter sandwich since I was in HS.

My mom made me peanut butter and honey sandwiches throughout grade school, even sometimes in HS.... I took a bite and I had this WAVE of memories. A huge wave. I pictured my mom in the H Street Rd. kitchen. I remembered what is what was like to get home from school and she was there. I remembered her cooking, baking, making school lunches in there...

The anniversary of her death is March 25 - each March I allow myself more moments of missing her, remembering her... I sort of give myself more permission to look back. 

I talked to a friend Wed whose mom has brain tumors. She is starting radiation soon. She was positive about her mom's day to day, hopeful about the treatment... she brought up how no one is guaranteed 70 80 years... what are we waiting for?


No comments:

Life!

The baseball game Tuesday in Wenatchee was a letdown, but the drive home was not! I captured these beauties in Quincy -- And I had so much f...