Sunday, March 26, 2023

MY MOM

 I started this post yesterday but lacked a little energy, maybe a little courage to finish it. I am back.

Gosh this life we live. 

I feel almost claustrophobic that our mom only got 45 years. I am at 47 and there is so much more I want to see and do. I hope to be a grandma. I hope to visit Arizona. I'm gonna get to Tony's Tavern in Custer, Wa  - - still on my bucket list! I hope to publish a book! 

I hope to build others up and be a light in my community, I work at this. 


So, here it is, the anniversary of her death. 

March 25 is usually a date with lots of signs of spring if you live in Washington state. 

I love seeing the calves, the baby sheep, the farm store with the baby chicks. I see daffodils and hyacinths coming up. But it holds more death than it does life for me. I allow March 26 to be different. 


After a really tough week, I was reminded that my mom had a lot of tough days - and she faced them with grace, humor, and fixing her eyes upon Jesus. Yes, she had rough days and she had stress. But I loved how she found something to laugh about, even on the tiugh days! And I feel she faced situations and hardships with grace! What a sweet example. 


The week after she passed, our heifers calved. I remember my Grandpa Ken, her dad, came over to check on us and saw a couple of new baby calves in the front field. He stopped and commented on how much mom loved that season. About a week before she passed she told my sister Lesha that she was excited to pick fabric and sew pillows for the bench on the covered front porch. 


We just never know...

No comments:

Life!

The baseball game Tuesday in Wenatchee was a letdown, but the drive home was not! I captured these beauties in Quincy -- And I had so much f...