Saturday, March 11, 2023

#letthegoodtimesroll

 

At 2:55 on Thursday I checked Oren in at Great Clips on line - the website said a 37 minute wait. I picked him up from school at 3:30. we headed there. Upon our arrival, they told me another 20 min. So we ate at the new Ramen Poke next door. Oren was not a fan, Hazel and I were. While sitting there, we had to move from our first table. INCHES of a man's butt crack was showing and we could not have had a better view. Hazel asked if we could please move tables. 

We did. Then, sitting awfully close to us - Ramen Poke is not a big establishment - a twenty some year old gal was sharing her entire life with a 40 some year woman. We tuned in. At first noisy observation, I thought it was a job interview. The young woman was sharing all of her skills. As time went on, she talked about her uncle who had passed and how she had gotten a tattoo to remember him. All the while the 40 something lady nodded and smiled - just nodded and smiled. I wondered if it were a counseling session. Back to the tattoo, the woman wanted to get something to remember her uncle and so she got the words "pull my finger" tattood on her arm.

Hazel and I got the giggles, I mean really got the giggles. Oren was disgusted with his noodles - which were actually mushrooms. 

For this to happen in the same week that I had a crazy movie theater experience just reminded me that life is far from dull. 

At the movies - four of us ladies went - a man came in 2/3 of the way through the movie and threw out a lot of hallelujuahs and amens and also was not afraid of spoiling some key parts. He'd seen the movie before.  He did a lot of waving, pointing, and clapping. Our fab four, although slightly annoyed, just giggled. 


We have seen Merit once since Christmas and it was brief. Once since Christmas. It's March 10. I was doing just fine with this until about four days ago and I just began missing him like crazy. Oren and I are in the same boat. 

Merit has heard all of these stories - among others -as I have heard his and we are able to stay connected - better this week than some others. We get to see him today. 

Our HS Mavs varsity team play in Mercer Island today! GO MAVS


No comments:

Life!

The baseball game Tuesday in Wenatchee was a letdown, but the drive home was not! I captured these beauties in Quincy -- And I had so much f...