Friday, June 19, 2015

Soap Lake, summer




I do wish there were more lazy days. Today is one of those days where I have to be intentionally grateful for days like the one I am sharing here... a little afternoon eating at DKs and swimming in Soap Lake. Who knew 1 hour at Soap Lake on Wed. could be a summer highlight.
I know I have been pushing Hazel and Oren a little too hard, mainly with our busy baseball schedule. Hazel showed me last night what she wanted to wear today, Friday. I agreed it was a great summer outfit. She then proceeded to put it on at 9:30 last night. I asked her why she wasn't getting pjs on. She was simply "saving time" --- knowing she wouldn't have to get dressed in the morning. 
I'll keep working on getting it all done. This morning when I woke up it seemed like such a huge feat. Lots of prayer and deep breaths. And I will find the joy too. 

I love this pic!
This girl is so sweet! 
And she is a wonderful baseball fan!


12 u  -- this is a heck of a team. 
These guys make me laugh, I have gotten to know them well. The team changes a bit each year, depending on who makes All Stars, but man they are fun to watch.


No comments:

A Wednesday update

The weather today is gorgeous! I went outdoors with the second-grade class I was teaching today. We looked for a ring a student had lost (an...