Thursday, January 22, 2009

Thriftin' Thursday

This bird book, the fun black basket and the little white bird... all recent thrift store finds. :)

I had several empty frames that I have been wanting to do something with. I adorned them all with the same fabric in an effort to sort of tie my front room together. The fabric I am crazy about. And it was a WalMart bargain $2.97 a yard! The little bench was a Goodwill find from December.


I love this old window frame. It has been outside since I bought it two years ago. I decided it was time to bring it in and add some of those beautiful fabrics to the spaces without glass. I was inspired by Buzzings of a Queen Bee's blog! She had taken pictures of a beautiful window frame of friend who had patterned paper behind each pane.



7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love all of the fabrics! You did a great job on all of your thrifty finds!

~The White family~ said...

Oh, my....I just LOVE that window!!! CUTE! CUTE!

April said...

I say, two thumbs up to you! I love everything you've done with your "treasures"!

Daphine said...

WOW! What great findings! LOVIN' the window frame!

Have a great weekend!

Natasha said...

Love it ! That fabric is awesome!

Ruby Red Slippers said...

I love, LOVE that window!!! I will be on the look-out for something so I can do that!!!

Unknown said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE it!! So awesome, I wish I had even a pinky's worth of your craftiness!! so cool!!

Weekend Highlights!

Prom!  Stunning couples!  A gorgeous evening!  Willem and Raegen! Yesterday was the baseball parade and opening ceremonies! SO many people! ...