Thursday, January 15, 2009

Apple Crisp


Apple Crisp


a more healthy version


I am always searching for small baking dishes (nice lil' individual dishes). Chantal has very fun ones! Pumpkin, star and apple shapes...earth tones...bright vibrant colors...


The following recipe fits into two of these small baking dishes.




2 large granny smith apples, peelings removed -- apples sliced
Sprinkle over apples: 1/4 cup whole wheat flour 1/4 cup sugar
Mix in bowl:
1/3 - 1/2 cup flour
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup oatmeal
1/4 cup butter or margarine
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon


Sprinkle this mixture on top of the coated apples. Bake at 375 for approx 30 minutes


ENJOY!
These little apple dishes (Chantal!) I picked up at the thrift store (40 cents each and they look brand new!)

11 comments:

Daphine said...

I think that I could even make this little treat! Thanks for sharing the recipe!!
What thrift store do you shop at to find a deal like the apple dishes? I am obviously shopping at the wrong one. lol!

Anonymous said...

That recipe sounds really yummy. I love apple crisp. I'll have to give it a try.

Unknown said...

Too cute! How fun!

Natasha said...

That's a fun little recipe! I should whip that up today. I have some great little containers by Chantel that will be perfect! And anything fruity and sweet is what I've been craving!

Katie said...

I would love to go "thrifting" with you...you find the neatest things, and cheap too! Thanks for sharing the "healthy apple crisp" version as well. Have a great weekend!
Love,
Katie

MOPS said...

looks yummy!
i think rod and i would love that for a little treat.
Laura

Edie said...

Mmmm. Sounds yummy!

I really need to spend more time in thrift stores. :D

April said...

Apple Crisp is one of my favorite all-time desserts and I'm always looking for the perfect recipe...I think I found it! Thank you so much...you're a lifesaver! :)

Buzzings of a Queen Bee! said...

Those little dishes are so cute! And I love your take on a healthier apple crisp. We all need dessert, but not calories!

You asked me about my friend Aimee's glass window in my post...I think she has all the glass in her's. Not sure it would matter, but you could also get some cheap replacement glass if you wanted...hope this helps!
Carrie

The Nester said...

It looks delish and all of your photos are wonderful!

Sharon said...

I'll have to try this recipe, the last time I made apple crisp it was an outright disaster.

I have an award for you on my blog, if you would like to participate.

Have a blessed day!
Sharon

Wednesday -

Laguna Beach Two days was not quite long enough. Merit has his head on straight. I think he is doing well.  I needed one more day.  It was g...