Sunday, January 18, 2009

Cold weather hikes, ducks on the water... and a sweet award

Merit and I went on a morning hike the other day and it felt so good to get some fresh air and just explore! Then yesterday, I decided to go on a hike with the two dogs - camera in hand... as I was walking along Crab Creek, I was hoping the dogs wouldn't stir up the ducks I was approaching. I had my camera ready and really wanted to get some good shots! I couldn't believe how close I was getting to these ducks! Our five month old puppy, Betty, was even in the water and the ducks were still there, none had flown away! It was quiet, no wind, I could just hear the dogs and the soft ripple of the water, as I am snapping away -- until a hunter said "how's it going?" Completely startled, I jumped back... and then realized I was taking pictures of decoys!






I have just received this kind award from Sharon. Thank you Sharon! and may you have a great day! check out http://theoldoakswing.blogspot.com/ .

This award is for ....."This blog invests and believes the PROXIMITY - nearness in space, time and relationships. These blogs are extremely charming. These kind bloggers aim to find and be friends. They are not interested in prizes or self-aggrandizement. Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated. I choose to deliver this award to Natasha, Daphine and Aubrey... if you choose to participate, please do.


8 comments:

Tami said...

Michele~

What a cute story, can't help but chuckle at that one! Congrats on the award!

April said...

Congrats on your awesome award...way to go!!! That's such a funny story...definitely sounds like something I would do! :)

Anonymous said...

That is too funny!

Congrats on your award!

Amy said...

That one gave me a little giggle! Cute story!

Caryn said...

That story gave Jody & I a good laugh. I could feel your excitement at getting those pictures. How you must have felt when you realized what you were really taking pictures of. Thanks for sharing the story.

Daphine said...

Sorry girl, but I'm laughing out loud at ya! Please forgive me.

Congrats on your award and THANKS for sending it to me. It put a big smile on my face this morning!

Happy Monday!

Susanna said...

Michele, that is so funny. (sorry but you have to admit it is) I could totally picture the whole scene as your telling it. Thanks for sharing and giving me a smile today.

~The White family~ said...

Thanks for my sweet award!!!

Wednesday -

Laguna Beach Two days was not quite long enough. Merit has his head on straight. I think he is doing well.  I needed one more day.  It was g...