Tuesday, April 21, 2020

Calico Cat Thrift Store

If you had read my blog for very long, you may know this story from the past.

I love thrifting. Strangely, I do not miss thrifting very much. The reason for this is because I was bringing too much "stuff" into our home. I do miss the "hunt" and the "therapy."

Calico Cat Thrift Store
Twila owned Calico Cat Thrift Store. My travels brought me there in search of a bargain, but more in search of Twila's company. A wealth of wisdom and kindness, I love Twila.
If I was buying books for teachers, they were free.
I remember buying cushions and pillows for "flexible seating" for a kinder classroom. Twila asked me "what are they for?" I told her. She said, "they are yours, no charge" -

About 4 years ago, my sister Natasha and kids were in town. Natasha and I went thrifting (favorite past time). We asked Twila if she had any baseball cards, she showed us these gems from 1987. She had three packages! Brittle bubble gum was included! We did a treasure hunt for Merit, Willem, and my nephew Lane and these were the prizes!

My boys are sentimental and nostalgic. I have no idea where they get it.
This is what the cards look like, today.
They have been gently opened and then carefully re-wrapped, gum included.





No comments:

Life!

The baseball game Tuesday in Wenatchee was a letdown, but the drive home was not! I captured these beauties in Quincy -- And I had so much f...