Monday, June 13, 2011

My day started at 2:30 a.m. I heard a faint "mom" coming from Willem's room. I leaped out of bed. Since having kids, I am such a light sleeper. I am SUCH a light sleeper I think it is probably unhealthy. Anyway, I got there and the poor guy was throwing up. It ran down his sheets, mattress and box spring... okay, I will spare you any more details. I was just really glad I had some heavy duty cleaners on hand and I am thankful my washing machine has a sanitize cycle. He and I were up for 45 minutes, he took a bath, I did some cleaning. Then he slept like a baby the rest of the night and felt great today. He went swimming a bunch in the lake yesterday. I don't know if it was a bug, if he swallowed too much lake water, if he ate too much junk food... I am just glad it was short lived. I went back to bed about 4 a.m. and my mind was going, going. When I can't get to sleep during the night, I take that time to pray. My prayer list has been long so maybe that extra time awake was meant to be. But starting my day that early, meant me fighting for the energy to carry on today. 
Also, this morning Hazel was up bright and early! For about the past 6 weeks she has been sleeping great at night -- yay!! But is often up at 5:30 or 6. Convincing her it isn't time to be up yet isn't easy, but often she falls back asleep till almost 7. Then, she is raring to go. This girl is busy!
This afternoon I joined Merit's second grade class on a bowling field trip. (Willem and Hazel enjoyed some time with Fischer and Gramma Kris) All the second grade classes went to the bowling alley for a fun afternoon of chatting and bowling with their classmates and teachers. I loved it! Mrs. Hammond, his teacher, has such a heart for kids and is sooo sweet!! The kids in his class are cute and funny! It has been a GREAT year!
Then I got groceries, ran errands, got home watered my flowers, pulled weeds (how do weeds grow SO fast?)... all the while thinking of how a nap would be nice! I missed an appointment this afternoon, totally spaced it! Vance made dinner - whew! I played baseball with Merit, one of his favorite things to do!  So now, I am about ready to crawl into bed... finally. I am so thankful for these three children, so thankful Willem is feeling great and so thankful that most of my days do not start at 2:30 a.m. goodnight all...

Willem admiring his own little garden.

Hazel showing her Grandpa Jim her puppies.

Merit loving an adventure

Willem running and exploring



Little Miss H.J.

2 comments:

kelly said...

I've been thinking about how special of a time it is for your Dad to have so many grandchildren. I especially love the photo of him and Hazel. Thank you for sharing. You are a super woman and I don't know how you do all that you do! I hope that you get a little rest when you can and also find some time to make some of those neat cards too!

Anonymous said...

Sorry that Willem woke up sick! It sounds like Merit's bowling trip was lots of fun!

Weekend Highlights!

Prom!  Stunning couples!  A gorgeous evening!  Willem and Raegen! Yesterday was the baseball parade and opening ceremonies! SO many people! ...