Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Willem's last day of Happy Hearts is tomorrow. I have loved Happy Hearts for him! A Christian pre-school is such a blessing! Time certainly flies. This guy will be in kindergarten in the fall. I think he is ready, but I am not sure his mama is. He is my buddy during the day, his imagination entertains me!!
Hazel has been getting after our dog, the neighbor's dog and the neighbor's goat. The way she shakes her finger at them and says "no, no" has me giggling. She is my shopper, loving the thrift stores and she gets excited about garden centers too. Lately she has been bringing me her shoes and her vest, trying to tell me "let's go!"
I tried a new recipe for dinner tonight -- I will share this week. It was yummy!
Merit is crazy about baseball and is doing great in school. I am so proud of him. I am proud of the way he conducts himself in baseball. He is kind and a good team player. He typically plays first base and he is a great little hitter.


A few more pics from our time at Cave B.
It was sooo relaxing and wonderful! I keep
thinking of it. It will be wonderful to do it again someday!






*******************



Our tree climber, Willem

2009

We are hoping to go to Ketchikan, Alaska this summer. The last time we went I was pregnant with Hazel and the boys were 3 and 6... they are now 5 and 8. I think this vacation will be so fun for our family. And it will be fun to take Hazel for her first time!

**********************************************


Our brave little friend Maddie is on my heart and mind. Her heart surgery went well and her recovery is going well. It is an exhausting time for her and her family though. She is in a lot of pain and at three years old doesn't understand a lot of what is going on with her. She is at Children's Hospital and I think she has some great nurses there. Her mom, dad and Gramma are also showering her with care. They are so thankful for the prayers! Let's keep praying!!

Katie shared this picture on her blog and now I am sharing it with
you. Maddie is needing the mama, a lot I imagine.
What a sweet girl. I pray she can heal quickly and has less pain.
She is a fighter.

5 comments:

the Kohrs said...

Michele- we will be keeping little Maddie's family in our thoughts and prayers. I know the seattle childrens hospital pretty well now. they really do have some of the best doctors and nurses, esp. in the heart dept. :) Does she have hypoplastic to either the right or left? I'm sure you're a great support to their family as well. We'll pray for wisdom and understanding for all friends and family involved - not a fun road to go down to have your baby sick.

Natasha said...

I love it that Hazel is getting after the animals. What a little mama. Praying for Maddie, what a sweet picture of her and mommy.

Leah said...

My heart goes out to little Maddie. I will be praying for her family and her recovery.

Katie said...

Thanks Michele for your beautiful posts on Maddie. It means so much to us...your love and friendship has helped get us through this. Thank you for always caring, always praying and always loving our sweet girl. You're dear to our hearts.

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear that Maddie's surgery went well! Praying for a quick recovery!

Hazel sounds so precious! I bet her no's are so cute!

I have heard that Christian pre-schools are the best! It seems that they do grow up pretty fast!

Wednesday -

Laguna Beach Two days was not quite long enough. Merit has his head on straight. I think he is doing well.  I needed one more day.  It was g...