Monday, March 28, 2011

Uncle Matt, Spring Weather, Fun Weekend

Uncle Matt came to visit!
Lots of laughs and good times were had by all.
We had great weather too.
Hazel was all over Matt.
I don't know what happened to our shy Hazel, she is
anything but shy! A complete opposite of Willem at this age.
And Merit was somewhere in between.


Willem, Hazel and Merit before Merit's soccer game Saturday morning.





Hazel, Matt, Vance and Rudy

We had a great weekend and SOAKED UP the sunshine.



So, each spring Vance and I discuss getting chicks.
Fresh eggs sound so wonderful, but the work of raising chicks
and taking care of chickens may be more work than we want.
Especially when we can't even keep up on this yard! I
am ready to simplify, big time. :)
I stumbled upon this picture of a glamorous chicken coup online
and fell in love! : )

3 comments:

Katie said...

Great pictures! Glad you had such a fun weekend...you and your brother Matt could be twins! You look so much alike, well, all of you and your siblings do :)

My mom has chickens, a cute coup and she's enjoyed it. I love getting fresh eggs from her! Anyway, if you ever want to "pick her brain" on it, she's been at it for about 6 years now. She didn't go with just ordinary chickens either, they were so cute and had beautiful eggs too (blue, green & brown). It's been a fun hobby for her.

Alisa said...

Love the pics! How funny about the chicks. That's something I've always wanted to try too but never had the space for. That coup was really cute.:) My friend Gretchen has chickens and loves it. Her's also have blue eggs.:) Fun.:)

Anonymous said...

I am so glad that you guys had a great visit! You are so blessed to have such a close relationship with your family!

I would LOVE to have chickens! We live in a HOA so that's a big no no! I think that chicken coop is awesome!

Weekend Highlights!

Prom!  Stunning couples!  A gorgeous evening!  Willem and Raegen! Yesterday was the baseball parade and opening ceremonies! SO many people! ...