Monday, March 7, 2011

Monday Musings

What a week. I need to be so thankful, one week ago I was feeling so sick and during the night Monday night I had no idea what was wrong with me! I feel so much better. Vance and I enjoyed David Gray in Spokane Saturday night. A little get away to Spokane was refreshing. I was feeling down in the dumps. Jessica B. took great care of our kids!
Soccer is in session! Merit had his first game Saturday. I stayed home with Hazel, and Vance took Merit Henry. Willem was at his buddy, Calvin's birthday party. Merit had a great first game and played hard. That child's speed and determination has me smiling.

Willem asked me a few days ago if two people needed to be married in order to dance together. This is one example of the Willem questions I am asked throughout the day. He is such a smart, sweet boy and the way his mind works is so interesting. Also, his question made me want to have a summer dance or attend a wedding reception so that he can dance his little heart out.

An evening this week I think I will open a bottle of wine and enjoy some yummy cheeses and grapes :)



This picture doesn't really do it justice...

I made this chili a while back and it was good. Think I will add it to this week's menu.


White Chicken Chili

A Cambells recipe, adjusted

1 T olive oil
4 skinless boneless chicken breasts cut up
lil salt
lil pepper
4 tsp. chili powder
2 tsp. ground cumin
1/2 an onion  -- a whole onion if you love onion
1 can cream of chicken soup 3/4 cup water
green pepper if desired
1 1/2 cups frozen whole kernel corn
2 cans white kidney beans, rinsed and drained
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese

Heat oil, add chicken, chili powder, cumin and onion and cook till chicken is cooked and veggies are tender.
Stir soup, water, corn and beans in saucepan and heat to a boil. Reduce heat to low. Cover and cook ten minutes or so, stir it occasionally, top with cheese.
This chili is so yummy served in a warm tortilla!


Hazel is into everything. Curious little mess maker on the run!

Last year in April I took these two pictures. Are we really
almost ready for spring? I hope so.

8 comments:

The Mulder Family said...

Glad to hear you are feeling better too...last week was rough!!!

MyVoiceOverService..com said...

Wow! Your photos are outstanding. I too am a photographer. Your color sense is amazing.

What camera are you using?

Thanks for the gorgeous blog. It's really an inspiration. I've just got started blogging and hit the forward button after viewing my blog and that's how I found you!

Please connect with me if you get a moment. Glad to hear you're feeling a bit better.

Look forward to your reply.

I can be reached at Lisa@MyVoiceOverService.com

April said...

So happy that you're FINALLY on the mend! 'Bout time! We love White Chicken Chili at our house! Your photos are always so pretty, Michele..and these are no exception!

April said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jonathan and Kristen said...

I heart the pictures of Hazey bu-daisy goin' crazy in your house. I'm glad you're feeling better so you have a chance to try to keep up with the little busy bee!

More pictures of the boys. Please and thank you.

You've inspired me to go crack open a bottle of sparkling cider. My question is...did you smell the cork?

Spring is around the corner. Thanks for the TULIP picture reminder! There is sunshine on the way, Sunshine.

Katie said...

So glad you're feeling better! I love David Gray, how fun to get out of the house and have a date with your hubby.

I was wondering when you feel better and the weather is "springy" outside, if you'd want to take Maddie's pictures??? She'll be 3 this sunday (yes, I can't believe it either) so just let me know if and how you'd like to set it up. I was thinking outdoors, pretty sunshine and maybe some tulips or daffodils? Might be a while for those though. Anyways, let me know what you think!
Thanks Michele!

Maria said...

Michele,
So glad to hear you are better!

Anonymous said...

So glad that you are feeling better! The chili sounds so good! Thanks for sharing the recipe!

Wild Will

  When Merit was a senior, I had all the feels.  Now that Willem is a senior, I have all those feels but they are intensified.  Because now ...