Friday, March 25, 2011

A good day of remembering

After yesterday's flower post, I continued to think of my mom and the
many memories I have of her with flowers.
The above picture is of my sister Lesha, my mom and my Grandma Alma (mom's mom).
It was taken in front of my Grandma's roses.

This picture is of my Zylstra aunts, my cousin Megan and my mom. My
mom is in the center. This was taken the day before my wedding.

Us girls
Mom, me, Lesha and Natasha went to Laughlin,
Nevada when I was 19. It was SUCH a fun trip!
 I took this pic of mom and Tasha on the trip.
A couple of beauties!

Lesha lived in a cute little Front Street apartment for a while. Here is
my mom and Lesh at the apartment. I love their smiles!

Phil, Matt and my mom sitting down for dinner
They came to visit Vance and me in Moses Lake.

Phil and mom!

I love thinking about little vacations and get aways with my family!
This was in Leavenworth, WA. The big Zylstra family went to celebrate
my grandma's 80th birthday.

My mom and Grandpa Ken
Two of the most patient, kind people and wonderful role models!
Both of them went home to heaven on March 25th. My mom's been gone
ten years, my grandpa seven years.

Today has been a really good day of remembering. I enjoy my
children so much, thanks so much to how my mom raised me and enjoyed raising
her five children.
Oh how I wish I could make a phone call to my mom, how I wish I could share
these children with her and her with them! But I believe she sees the goodness
and the joy we experience with our loved ones.
I'll bet she is snuggling my nephew Case and I know she is
certainly enjoying the beauty and glory of heaven.




4 comments:

Lesha said...

The Laughlin Trip was SO much fun! All the sweet memories. She is missed so much by so many. Snuggles with Case, she loves babies. Love you!

Jonathan and Kristen said...

I was reading Little Pilgrim's Progress to the girls and teared up and thought of you when I got to this part about little Christian missing his mother who had already journeyed to the King's City:


Discretion bent down and kissed the child, for she saw the tears in his eyes.

"You will find her again, little Christian," she whispered. "And do you know that she is often very near to you? You cannot see her, but she can see you. The King is very good, and He knows how mothers love their little ones."

"I shall see her in the King's City?"

"Yes, and then you will never lose her again."


Michele, one day soon we'll see your mom, and you will never lose her again! Praise God! I thank Him for the wonderful ways I have gotten to know your mom through you. You are a treasure, Sunshine.

Melinda said...

A wonderful mom is missed so much! I didn't realize your sister's weddings were so soon after her death, which makes me sad for them. I'm also sorry you didn't get to share your babies with her either. Someday we will see our moms and share our lives once again. Thanks for the special post - what a great tribute to a beautiful woman.

Anonymous said...

Such a beautiful tribute to your Mom!

Wild Will

  When Merit was a senior, I had all the feels.  Now that Willem is a senior, I have all those feels but they are intensified.  Because now ...