Monday, March 23, 2009

Heart Message

Guard your hearts in Christ Jesus.



Only God can completely soothe, love and repair us. Let's look to God to heal our hearts.




I have a dear friend who has a brother and a sister who haven't spoken in a very long time. Their anger and differences caused them to decide they would no longer communicate. They may or may not admit that their hearts are burdened but it does burden the hearts of their parents. Their mother's heart hurts because her son and daughter haven't come together in a very long time. Her heart is aching. But I believe because of prayer and because of one sweet, peace making sister... God is seeing to it that things are repaired. We need to "take care of" our mother's hearts.




I have a friend who has a heart baby, a baby who was born with a CHD. Although this sweet baby girl is doing well, one year ago she seemed almost lifeless. Her 5lb. body being pumped full of meds as she recovered from her first open heart surgery. They knew the road ahead could be long. They have mourned the loss of other heart babies whose journey didn't allow them to carry on. But Maddie has thrived. God is healing her heart. She turned one just this month and is crawling everywhere, trying to keep up with her two older brothers and usually wears a huge grin on her face. Her mom's faith is strong and her attitude grateful. Let's look to God to heal these hearts.


When I was 12 my mom had some heart trouble. She spent about two weeks at Harborview Medical Center with five children back at home. I remember when we went to visit her she told us how badly she just wanted to come HOME. I was SO afraid that I might lose my mom. Thankfully my mom came home and her heart issue was something I never fully understood, also it was something that didn't keep her from doing anything. She was beautiful and healthy. My mom had the patience and energy to LOVINGLY raise five children. She was the BEST.

13 years later, while at home on a Sunday evening, her heart STOPPED. She died peacefully in her home.

Although I trust God took her when He knew He needed to... I wonder why as a young adult I never encouraged her to see a Dr and follow up on those issues from her past. I knew she was on medication when I was in junior high and later stopped taking it. I didn't know her heart was in danger...in the physical sense. What I did know is that she loved Jesus and she walked with Him. There was no worry or wonder about the spiritual state of her heart.



When we experience a deep loss or hurt, our hearts can feel broken. And some are even born with a broken heart. But, God hears all prayers and he is capable of healing our hearts whatever the situation may be.

6 comments:

April said...

You better believe He can, Michele! When I lost my mom, dad, and brother in 6 years beginning in 2000, I, of course, felt devastated. However, I never lost faith that God would see me through that difficult time. In fact, I think that's one reason I want so badly to reach out to others who are going through similar situations. I believe it's God will for my life...to share what He's done for me!

God Bless You, Michele! Thank you for being so open and honest with all of us!

Maria said...

So well said. Thanks again for reminding me about what really matters in life.

Daphine said...

Beautifully written, Michele! Thanks so much for sharing!

God's blessings upon you dear friend!

Unknown said...

I never realized that you were my age when your mom died! I couldn't imagine that happening now! I love you reading about your mom and the beautiful relationship that you had with each other! You are both incredible people!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful post, Michele. I am so sorry that you lost your Mom at such a young age. Thanks for sharing!

Katie said...

Thanks for sharing this and writing about our little miss...you provided me with some much needed "direction" today! Bless you today...
Love,
Katie

Wild Will

  When Merit was a senior, I had all the feels.  Now that Willem is a senior, I have all those feels but they are intensified.  Because now ...