Sunday, March 1, 2009

Our Boys!

Willem
Merit



Some fun pictures of these GROWING, adorable BOYS~~ As I trip over monster trucks and race cars this weekend while my boys and husband watch the NASCAR race... I think wow, ten years ago would I have ever imagined this fun, busy, loud life with BOYS!?
Last night Vance and Merit camped out in the cabin. Willem and I stayed at the house... we, or I should really say I, wanted some bonding time for Vance and Merit, but Willem asked 20 times if he could join them down at the cabin. He can be quite the persistent child too. When I told him it was way to cold to walk down there, he said " I will get my socks, shoes and sweatshirt on. " Also, when he is trying to convince me of something he will say something like "I was really counting on you to help me get down to the cabin." This little boy was just three in January and his vocabulary is remarkable. His desire to want to control situations is at times exhausting!
Merit went to a friends house Friday night and then another friends birthday party yesterday... these social engagements make me that much more thankful for his time at home and our time as a family!
I am thankful today for my life with boys!

7 comments:

Lesha said...

These pictures are great. I am going to download them to costco and see if I can get them printed as long as the resolution is good. Otherwise, I might see if you can print me off some. Life with all boys is a little different than mine. I feel like Rob is gone so much and Kai is the ONLY boy at our house. He tries to take charge, and sometimes his way is not in my plan. : ) I wish I could have Willem stay at our house. The kids would love to play with him. If you ever want to take a weekend trip without a 3 year old maybe we could arrange something. Just thought I would put that seed in your brain. Or both, seriously. Merit and Willem are very blessed to have a mom like you!

Alisa said...

When in the world did your boys get SO big!? They are so handsome, Michele. I love the pics!:) I really miss seeing you, my friend. We need to get together when I get home.

Katie said...

Such cute boys!!! Thanks for sharing your grateful heart...you remind me to be grateful when tripping over trucks, tinker-toys and lego towers too! Boys are so wonderful, dito to that!

Anonymous said...

Your boys are so handsome!

Mindy K said...

I miss you guys. i can't imagine willem saying that. too funny and cute. I thought I would let you know that Emily and Luke are have a rooler skating party on Sat. Any chance Merit could come??
They asked me to invite him.

Natasha said...

Oh those boys! Merit looks like quite the little man! I love Willem's vocab. Little boys are so fun.

Daphine said...

Oh girl! They are so cute! Your little Williem sounds like my little Jae. I too am shocked at her vocabulary at her age sometimes. She too can be very persistent.

Happy Wednesday!

Weekend Highlights!

Prom!  Stunning couples!  A gorgeous evening!  Willem and Raegen! Yesterday was the baseball parade and opening ceremonies! SO many people! ...