Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Missing Mom and Grandpa Ken

My mom and her dad. Both of these dear people were wonderful examples of honest, loving, Christian people. I am thankful for what they taught us and for the love they showed us. My grandpa was the most influential, Christian man in my life when I was a young girl. They both passed away on this date, March 25. We have the sweet comfort of knowing they are enjoying perfect peace in heaven. They are both missed in so many ways.
Birch Bay Memories!! We loved going to Birch Bay! We often met my grandma and grandpa there. When we met them, we'd pack a picnic lunch and then enjoy a sweet treat at the C-SHOP after soaking up the sun. And with my dad's side of the family we would meet at the state park for a good ol' weenie roast. The day I took this picture of my mom, just I met her at Birch Bay after my college classes. The rest of my brothers and sisters were in school. My mom and I enjoyed some fun conversation and time on the beach on a warm September day.



My mom's flowers were always beautiful, as was she!! Her she is on the front porch with some of her flowers. I treasure this picture.
My sister Natasha is linked to my blog. Today, she has also shared some sweet memories and treasured photos.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

What a beautiful woman both inside and out it seems! I am sure you are really missing her! I will be thinking about you!

Katie said...

Thinking of you today... I loved visiting with you last night and can't wait until we get together one of these days! Praying for your today as you hold your mom and grandpa close with those special memories. Thanks for sharing.
Love,
Katie

April said...

Your mom is so gorgeous, Michele! You look a lot like her! Just keep thinking about the happy reunion you'll have one day in Heaven when you'll all be together, again!

Susanna said...

Like you, she sure is beautiful. I am sure her inner self was just as beautiful. What a blessing it must be when you know she is safe with God and one day you will see her and hug her again. Thanks for sharing what your heart feels.

Lissa said...

your front porch brings so many memories of the 'concerts' we would put on for your mom. :) She had the best laugh...today is a hard one, but what a special, beautiful person to remember and love...there is SO much of her in you...she would be so proud of you...the wonderful mother that you are...wife, friend, sister, photographer, creative card and scrapbooker....and so much more...thinking of you today and I love you SO MUCH!!! Lissa

Alisa said...

Thanks for sharing all of the lovely pictures of your Mom. What a beautiful and gentle woman she must have been. Again, I wish I could have known her. Hearing you describe her, I feel like I must know her a little bit through you.:)

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful tribute to both your Mom & Grandpa!

Mindy K said...

Michele,
When I read the comments of your friends, I feel very blessed that I did know her. Gentle and sweet, patient and kind,always walking with God. Believe it or not, her inner beauty out shined her outer. And she is georgeous. Michele you are very much like your mom, especially when I watch you with your boys. She would be so proud of you!

Unknown said...

Your mom is beautiful! And I cannot get over how much you all look like her! I teared up reading you & Natasha's posts, but I am so glad you guys were left with such wonderful memories of her.

Wild Will

  When Merit was a senior, I had all the feels.  Now that Willem is a senior, I have all those feels but they are intensified.  Because now ...