Wednesday, November 5, 2008

$14 treasure

Last week I was at Goodwill and saw this cute cabinet. I purchased it but then realized it wouldn't fit in the back of my car... the next day a dear friend went and picked it up for me and delivered it to me at home (thanks Marie!). When my husband got home that evening he said he liked the cabinet and asked me what I planned to do with it. "Paint it!" I had said. He then pointed out that I love this deep red/wine color, it's current color, and also pointed out that often times I am painting things and then distressing them to MAKE them look old... so why wouldn't I leave this fun, beat up, old piece alone. Hmmm I thought -- good point.... but it just wasn't quite distressed enough for my liking. After 15 minutes with the electric sander, I ended up loving the finished product! And it is a fun addition to our dining room. A great place to house seasonal stuff, mail and current paper projects I am working on!





13 comments:

~The White family~ said...

Beautiful! I love it!!! Aren't electric sanders so much fun?!!!

Lesha said...

That is SO cute!

Natasha said...

Love it! The sander worked wonders. I knew sandpaper could work on cardstock, who knew to use it on wood, hee hee hee. It is much bigger than I expected it to be. Great find!

Tami said...

What a great find!

Unknown said...

Michele, it looks great!!! I love how you arranged it too!

Maria said...

wow,it looks amazing. I'm glad you didn't paint it. I love that color,can't wait to see it up close.

Jill said...

Michele that is so cute, I would love to find something like that how cool!!

Megan said...

It looks very nice, I love it!! Whenever we pass a goodwill I always have to run in to take a peak at things like this.

Elaina said...

very cute!

Worsham Family said...

You always find the best stuff! I love it!!!

Amy said...

Great Job Michele! That is adorable...I wish I had the patience for bargin hunting...I can't help but feel like I'm missing out on some great stuff!

Daphine said...

WOW! I love the color. It looks really nice!!

Susanna said...

Gosh Michelle you are just so talented and creative, your always welcome to come and decorate my home. :D

Weekend Highlights!

Prom!  Stunning couples!  A gorgeous evening!  Willem and Raegen! Yesterday was the baseball parade and opening ceremonies! SO many people! ...