Saturday, August 2, 2008

Sharing more bits and pieces of Ketchikan


Ketchikan
Ketchikan is green, very green. Coming from a desert this is welcoming. Although I do prefer the desert -it is so fun to see green trees. Ketchikan locals told us the last time they had three sunny days in a row was in May! Wow. We were so fortunate to experience two sunny days in a row when we were there. The first night of our trip and the last were spent at the Cape Fox Hotel. The location of this hotel is what I love most about it. A tram can be taken down to the boardwalk and "town" or you can hike the "married man's trail" - that is what its called - to the boardwalk. This bridge is part of the trail.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

These pictures are absolutely gorgeous! It makes me so nostalgic for the Pacific Northwest...

Wild Will

  When Merit was a senior, I had all the feels.  Now that Willem is a senior, I have all those feels but they are intensified.  Because now ...