Friday, August 15, 2008

8am, I will buy the table at the junkyard!

There is this table that I can't stop thinking about....distressed, a bit wobbly, totally cool.... at Bargain Town. Maria, please don't beat me there. :) I stopped yesterday and almost bought it. The price tag says $10, I will offer $7. What I keep thinking is that I need to paint it a barn red, burnt orange or mustard yellow and display pumpkins and gourds on it come September. Sometimes these thrift store/ junkyard deals really occupy my thinking. When I first got out of my car to inspect it, I was disappointed cause it wasn't super stable and the top is a dark wood and the legs a cool, distressed, paint over top of paint look. But then when I thought of how I can use it with Autumn just around the corner and the paint colors I could use I thought I HAVE to have it. Ok, so Bargain Town opens at 8 I think - Vance will probably sleep in with the boys, I think I need to run and get the table first thing in the morning. Wish me luck.

4 comments:

Natasha said...

Okay, it's 7:51 am I am sure you probably on your way right now. Or possibly sitting in your car waiting for them to turn the sign to open. Post some before and after pics girl!

Worsham Family said...

So did you get the table?

michele said...

AHHH the table was gone! I got there at 8, but they don't open till 10! Must have been purchased by some lucky person yesterday. :)

Maria said...

YOu have to get those bargains when you see them!!! I'm so sad you didn't get your chair. Next time call me and I'll get it for you. I love getting a good deal, even if its for a friend
Maria

Wednesday -

Laguna Beach Two days was not quite long enough. Merit has his head on straight. I think he is doing well.  I needed one more day.  It was g...