Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Chrysanthemums!


A number of weeks back, my friend Marie and I hit the local yard sales. One sale had tons of stuff, but no prices on anything. The woman in charge said "take an arm full for a $1" One of the things I had in my arms was a Chrysanthemum book. I don't grow Chrysanthemums, but the beautiful illustrations in this book screamed card making. The six pictured here probably took me 15 minutes total. This fabulous book (The Chrysanthemum Book Copyright 1964 ) allowed me to make some really pretty cards, quickly and inexpensively.

2 comments:

Tami said...

I just love your Chrysanthemum cards! They make me smile! Wish I could find the books you find.

Natasha said...

Okay(pretend I'm talking really dramatically right now) I completely love those cards. The book was a steal. I am sure any librarians looking at this are cringing, but that was a great idea. You really have an eye for those kinds of things. I think you've just inspired me to start stamping on white cardstock in black a bit more often!

Weekend Highlights!

Prom!  Stunning couples!  A gorgeous evening!  Willem and Raegen! Yesterday was the baseball parade and opening ceremonies! SO many people! ...