Tuesday, December 11, 2018

Tuesday Happenings

I lack the ability to prioritize today. 
yikes
But, we have a dinner plan. Everybody is healthy and homework is getting done... 
Merit feels a bit over loaded. He plays in Entiat tomorrow, Moses Lake Friday night and Wenatchee Sat. and then trying to fit in homework, practice and a bit of downtime gets tricky.  Willem's last game of school ball is tomorrow. He has had a good season!
Hazel is having a friend over after school. I think they will bake! :-)
Oren is such a sweet kid and a funny kid. He loves it when his siblings are home! He enjoys coloring, practicing letters, drawing, hiking, and hanging out with Vance in the shop. His favorite show is still Curious George, Paw Patrol is a close second.
I bought Vance a little birthday gift today! He is a December baby, the 13th.
My Grandma Alma had back surgery last week. Prayers for a continued, great recovery are welcomed. 

My Aunt Jill emailed me an album of old pics. Some of them from 1971, some of them from earlier. I scrolled and scrolled through those pictures yesterday. Many of them were of my mom and her siblings. My mom was the oldest, then Mark, Laurie, Jill and Jeremy. There are several pictures of my grandparents house on Stremler Drive. Wow, the memories of that house!
I was one of those really lucky kids who felt such safety and comfort in my Grandma Dorothy's house on Sunrise Road and my Grandma Alma and Grandpa Ken's home on Stremler Drive. MANY memories made in both homes! Memories made with amazing people. Seeing details in the photographs of my grandparents home and yard brought me back. 
There were some pictures of my grandfather in Korea, he fought in the Korean War. Also some pictures of my great grandma, Grandma Alma's mom.

I have a way to view how many people read my blog. Often, I don't think to check it but sometimes it is fun to. My last entry was read by 35.  I don't know who the readers are, only about a handful of them. But, what has been really neat for me is when I go to Lynden sometimes I run into someone who tells me they enjoy our family blog. Writing feels somewhat therapeutic so this outlet is good and sharing pictures is what I love most. 

No comments:

Weekend Highlights!

Prom!  Stunning couples!  A gorgeous evening!  Willem and Raegen! Yesterday was the baseball parade and opening ceremonies! SO many people! ...