Thursday, November 9, 2017

Life -- this week

Thursday was a day for celebration, for thanksgiving and for reflection. But really aren't all days?

Thursday, summed up;
Vance got the big boys off to school at 7:30. Oren and I got Hazel to school at 9. Oren and I picked up Merit at 9:45, his lunch break. Okay, is it odd that his lunch is at 9:45?? While playing football, I picked him up from practice at 5:30. He was so hungry. Lunch at 9:45, then a whole lot of school and two hours of football practice. I packed granola bars, power bars, an apple... they were inhaled. We walked in the door and he asked "what's for dinner?" - I love having a growing teenage boy in the house. He stays fit while eating two portions of dinner, so many fruits and vegetables I can't keep them "in stock" and enough power bars, yogurt and granola bars to feed a small army.

Okay, I got off the subject. I picked Merit up at 9:45. We headed to the Department of Licensing in an effort to get his driver's permit. For those of you with a 14 or 15 year old, getting a Driver's permit is NO easy task. The young adult or child (depending on the moment) HAS to be registered for Driver's Ed. But they cannot get it till 10 days before their first Driver's Ed class. We were missing a piece of information so we had to go back at 3:45. But first, I had to get Oren off to pre-school. I then wanted to get home to mounds  mountains of laundry. But the Animal Shelter requested I get the foster kitties to the vet. So, I spent over an hour at the vet trying to figure out what we have going on with the three most adorable, friendly foster kittens you could ever meet. The vet doesn't think it is anything serious, just a bad cold.

Oren got in trouble for gurgling his water at pre-school. "In trouble" = someone kindly shook their head no. Listening to him tell the story is pretty cute.

I am so thankful to report Merit DID get his permit.
He drove us home from town. I did not stop smiling. He did not stop smiling.
I stepped out of my comfort zone and had two days of teaching P.E. this week at a school I have never subbed at before.
Piles of school work, clothes and blankets are everywhere.
Snow gear already out.
I am preparing for a big vintage craft show.
Kids are doing great in school, earning good grades.
I watched an incredible assembly today honoring our veterans. Listening to patriotic music makes me teary. I am so thankful for our veterans.






2 comments:

Tami said...

Such good stuff! You are leaving what Fred and I refer to as the golden years, no in diapers or a stroller and no one is driving. Good luck!
Lunch at 9:45 is ridiculous. I have first graders with lunch after 1:00 and that is ridiculous too. P.E. I will not do that one. Good for you! Isn't subbing great?

Natasha said...

You have so much going on! Oh man, one driving and one in preschool. That will be me in two years! I can't wait to ride with Merit!

Wild Will

  When Merit was a senior, I had all the feels.  Now that Willem is a senior, I have all those feels but they are intensified.  Because now ...