Sunday, November 26, 2017

Dreaming of Christmas, the concern of over scheduling, the beauty of a LONG weekend

I am at a tricky place in my adult life, working at not being over scheduled. Merit and Willem have busy schedules. Hazel has one activity per week other than school and that is Awana. I love it that she can go to learn about Jesus on a Tuesday night surrounded by terrific leaders and fun kids. She loves the occasional art opportunity and horseback riding too.  Oren is just along for the ride, he is loving pre-school for which I am so grateful.

Yesterday I picked up $100 worth of Krispy Kreme's at the HS before Merit's practice. This is a basketball fundraiser.What made the most sense was that I would deliver them during his practice except that I want HIM working and delivering. Then I get a text from Missy Lopez saying they would like a box of donuts (a sweet message when I knew we had extra!) So I headed to her house after David's party - I got to hug her and touch base and I drove away thankful for community ----

We had some extra boxes which was perfect because my friend Bethany was throwing a surprise party for her hubby, our friend, David - so the remainder of the donuts were quickly consumed at his party! (Which was wonderful by the way and he was completely surprised!)

And no, I wasn't the only one busy - Merit had a three hour basketball practice, also jobs at home. Willem had a game!

Vance made a big pot of spaghetti and cooked it on the wood stove in the shop last night and we enjoyed the Apple Cup.

Hazel needs to see the audiologist again. Will and I are do for an eye exam. Willem is a straight A student with very little homework so I think it is time we added something to his plate. Is that crazy? He and I think piano lessons may be in order.

I love substitute teaching, but too much of that and I fall a bit behind. I was busy this month preparing for the vintage and craft sale in Royal City. I think I have enough left to do another sale, especially if I work on cards and gift tags here and there but I wonder if that will be too much. Praying over that.

And one of my FAVORITE outings this time of year is going to cut our Chistmas tree! I can hardly wait!! Willem always wears a "Christmas shirt" - I bought one last year for him a size too big hoping he could wear it again this year. I am not sure he can. That kid is growing quickly too.

I am looking through my bins of Christmas stuff considering what will go where.

A long weekend maybe gives us a little time to prioritize. A time to pause and also be thankful. Our Thanksgiving was good. A nice group out at Vance's dads, delicious food with cousin fun too. I missed my siblings in a big way, but it was good to know they were all together! Lesha and Rob hosted.

No comments:

Wednesday -

Laguna Beach Two days was not quite long enough. Merit has his head on straight. I think he is doing well.  I needed one more day.  It was g...