Tuesday, July 28, 2015

They don't make them like they used to

My washer is beep beep beeping as I type this. I washed a rug and this washer just can't handle rugs. All this water is left in the drum and then I have to do this drainage process all the while my kids have all changed their clothes already today and it isn't even noon and there are three bath towels, used, wet, in the hallway... Our old washer was OLD. And it worked. And then one day it sort of stopped working and I couldn't wait to get a new one! And, well, they don't make them like they used to.

I am trying to stay away from the thrift stores except for special occasions. This means if Shannon or Maria or Katie A. asks me to go to the thrift store, I would meet them there. No, but really, I was just going too often and although it is the perfect sort of down time for me, my accumulating became ridiculous and I just can't pass up a bargain. So, with that being said, I went today. And hadn't been for a little while. I also went with the back of my car loaded with things to donate. awwwww with no kids --- again awwwwww and while I was shopping this lady not far from me picked up a cute, red purse. I was gawking. She showed it to her friend. I started reaching for it. Ha! No I am kidding, I waited. She put it back on the rack. I waited a few seconds...  I said "are you sure you don't want this? It is so cute and you spotted it" She assured me she had enough purses at home and encouraged me to buy it! -- I have to be careful. One day, in December, a lady accused me of shopping out of her cart.





so I bought the purse

I love their friendship.



This girl


An afternoon bike ride! Shooting hoops, vacuuming the car, tending to the washer, enjoying time in the yard... this is what our afternoon looks like...



4 comments:

Debra said...

They sure don't make the washers or dryers the way they used to (especially the washers). That's why I still have old ones! Every time I would go buy new ones I'd talk myself right out of buying new ones. The prices blow me away too...lol! All I want to do is just wash & dry my clothes I don't need all them cycles, dials, & buttons!

Not very often do I find treasures at thrift shops & maybe it's cuz I don't go often enough. Love your pictures!

Katie said...

Lol! I love that you were accused of shopping out of someone else's cart! Very cute purse! I ended up having to buy a new dryer...remember I had that same guy come and fix it? Well, it lasted a month and then had it fixed AGAIN, lasted 3 weeks and quit again...so, now I have a new dryer that sings when its cycle is finished. I agree, they don't make them like they used to!

Katie said...

Oh, and I'd love to come thrifting with you!!!!

kelly said...

This made me smile! xoxo

Wednesday -

Laguna Beach Two days was not quite long enough. Merit has his head on straight. I think he is doing well.  I needed one more day.  It was g...