Monday, October 24, 2011

Birthday Month

October is probably my favorite month of the year. I LOVE Autumn, I love soccer, I love the cozy feeling of this time of year and celebrating Merit and Hazel's birthdays this month is pretty fun  (and busy!) too. Willem has a January birthday which is great too! Something to look forward to in that month after Christmas.

On Merit's birthday Merit had a soccer game and on Hazel's birthday Merit had a soccer game!! It is a good thing all the kids love going, because soccer has been our regular activity. :)

After the soccer game on Merit's birthday, we went out fo Mexican food with Grandpa Vic and Gramma Kris. Merit was so excited to wear a sombrero and have a bunch of people sing Happy Birthday to him!!




The day before Hazel's Bday, I bought some cupcakes.
Once the boys had left for school on Thursday Hazel enjoyed a cupcake. :)
It is a good thing, because ON her birthday there was no cake!
Come to think of it, she still needs to blow out two candles! :)






When Hazel woke up on her birthday, we gave her
a Little People Noah's Ark set. She loves it!
That little morning face and morning hair is pretty sweet.

Willem could not wait to give her a pink baby doll
stroller! Her expression shows how excited she was!


At the soccer game she opened a gift from Gramma and Grandpa!
A beautiful new outfit, a book and a doll.

Big Brother helps!

After the soccer game, we went to the bowling alley and arcade.
Hazel did a little dance when we arrived.

The next day it was a big birthday party here! 18 kids!
Merit's soccer team was here and several kids from school.


Matt and Phil visited this weekend.
It was fun to have them here. Phillip helped me SO much with
the birthday party!
The kids loved having them here too.


I am so grateful for time spent with these guys.
Brothers are so great.


3 comments:

April said...

I can't think of anything better than family togetherness! October is my favorite month, too. It's our anniversary month and the month of Abby's birthday...as well as my brother's and my dad's.

Natasha said...

October is so busy for us too, but I need to remember to enjoy it more! I love all the pictures of Hazel doing her thing. Looks like a good time!

Tami said...

Great photos! October is the best, the colors, soccer and pumpkins plus all of your family celebrations make for a good time.
I love the picture of Merit wearing the sombrero. I can't believe how much he and Luke look alike.

Wild Will

  When Merit was a senior, I had all the feels.  Now that Willem is a senior, I have all those feels but they are intensified.  Because now ...