Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Thriftin fun, grateful heart, learning patience

I sort of have a lot on my mind tonight. Today I visited with Merit's teacher and was so proud of him after my visit with her. She says his reading is just really taking off. He has been testing out of his Read Well units with high scores and doing great on his spelling tests. He's working hard and taking pride in his work. He often feels like his days are L-O-N-G and is occasionally reluctant to go to school -- but October has been better than September was, so for that I am grateful! And I love it that he is making lots of progress!
Willem is truly enjoying Happy Hearts pre-school! I love hearing about his day and reviewing his work!!
This morning I ran errands while both boys were at school. I even had a few minutes to spare so hit a thrift store... therapy for me! :) I have been finding some fun art. This flower picture is one thing I have found recently... and the wall with the plates, like it but don't love it. I am on the hunt for two or three more plates to add to the collage.
Today Will and I joined Merit at school for lunch. It was fun to visit with him there and sit at the "boys table" with he and some of his classmates.
Willem is beginning to realize that life may change here soon with baby sister coming and he hears so many people ask me about being overdue and when the little one may arrive... he has been fighting for control in some ways which some days is tiring. I just hope I can provide as much consistency for both boys as possible as we welcome the baby girl blessing into our home. This has been a lesson in patience for all four of us! My body holds on to these babies! My mid wife feels it is really time for her to come out.
I so appreciate all of your prayers and kind wishes!! I look forward to posting "She's HERE!"
love, Michele

5 comments:

April said...

Prayers are continuing for a smooth and easy delivery of that sweet baby girl!

Mindy K said...

You will be a great mother of three! Still holding my breath and praying for an easy delivery.

Anonymous said...

So glad things went well with Merit's teacher. I know you are proud of him.

Lesha said...

Fun stuff! I am glad to be back to check your blog. I can't wait to see the "she's here either".

I am so happy that you can go to have here when you know Merit and Will are more adjusted to shool. I love the picture of Willem on the tire swing, he reminds me a little of Lane.

Unknown said...

So glad that the boys like school! You are so kind and patient--I know you will be able to balance it all! I can't wait to see pictures of that baby girl!

Weekend Highlights!

Prom!  Stunning couples!  A gorgeous evening!  Willem and Raegen! Yesterday was the baseball parade and opening ceremonies! SO many people! ...