Saturday, October 24, 2009

SHE's HERE

Hazel Jane is here!!! We welcome her with JOYOUS, GRATEFUL, HAPPY HEARTS!!! She is SUCH a blessing!
I was induced, yet again, Wednesday morning. I called the hospital at 5am, they told me to come in at 7. Vance and I did A LOT of walking that day. I'd lay flat for an hour each time they applied the "stuff" to get my cervix going then they would allow me to walk and helped things progress. Hills actually helped me feel like she might be getting in a better position so we walked hills and stairs and racked up the distance. People even called the hospital thinking I was an "escapee" trying to get away! By late afternoon my contractions were coming on really good. My Dr came in and broke my water. Sometime in the evening I got an epidural.... but then we realized our little girl was not positioned well for a vaginal birth and she was still high. With both my boys I had vaginal births, so I was a bit scared about a C-section... but we trusted this may be the wise decision. Around 9pm or so (things are a bit foggy) they scheduled my C-section. At 11:26 pm, our baby girl was born! She weighed 8 lbs 8.8 ounces and is 21" long. She is SO beautiful!! She has dark hair, a perfect little face, adorable expressions... her mama is sure proud! :)
Pictures later today or tomorrow - I hope!!! We are lacking sleep, we are adjusting, my belly is sore -- but looking at Hazel feels so wonderful! God is so good.

5 comments:

Daphine said...

With teary eyes, I am rejoicing with you. What a blessing!

Welcome lttle Hazel! Can't wait to see pictures of you!

Katie said...

YAY!!! I'm so glad all is well and Hazel is here! What a darling name :) Enjoy all of that cuddling...and yes, I know all about that sore belly. Try to take it easy, I didn't (couldn't really) and felt so sore for a LONG time afterwards! Hugs to you Michele!

Worsham Family said...

Congratulations! I am glad she is here and everything is ok. I can't wait for the pictures and I love her name.

Sandy said...

Oh Michele I am so excited for you and family. I saw a picture of her on the Samaritan Hospital web. She is beautiful. Praying for a quick recovery for you. I bet the boys are so excited to have baby Hazel home. Take care of yourself. Can't wait to see her.

Anonymous said...

I am so excited for you, Michele! I am so glad that she arrived healthy!

Weekend Highlights!

Prom!  Stunning couples!  A gorgeous evening!  Willem and Raegen! Yesterday was the baseball parade and opening ceremonies! SO many people! ...