Sunday, February 1, 2009

WINTER

Cozy Cabin Memories


Looks like the taco or burrito required mixing the playdough colors. :)


We have done so many fun puzzles this winter.



FROST




I love WINTER. I love the cozy feeling of being indoors with a fire cooking in the wood stove. I love having more time indoors to work on projects, BAKE and cook. There seems to be more time for PLAYDOUGH and puzzles. I love the frost on the trees and the way the snow sparkles. I like sipping a hot vanilla latte. I like to hit the thrift stores once a week and search for bargains. I like crisp winter hikes with my boys and husband.
Right now, the roads are pretty good ... driving conditions aren't stressful. And although I love the snow, we appreciate the good roads for all of those in the transportation business.
So, snow or no snow, I treasure these winter months. Allow yourself the time to relax, to cuddle up with your kids or begin reading a great book... happy winter.


Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great pictures, Michele. I am not a fan of winter although I do enjoy turning the fireplace on. I love yard work and being outside so I am looking forward to spring when everything wakes up.

April said...

Such good pictures! It's often not very easy to find postives about wintertime...thank you for putting it in perspective!

Maria said...

I agree...there are some fun things about winter. Sipping hot beverages by the fire would have to be at the top of my list. :) I do love waking up and seeing the frost on the trees...it makes everything look so magical and beautiful! I love the pic of the frost you took!

Natasha said...

Although not a big winter person, as you know...I do miss those things about winter. You know you live in Southern CA when you call 55 degrees and raining winter:)

Kelly Sauer said...

Hi Michele - thanks for your comment on my blog! You asked about sizing my photos larger. I host all my images at SmugMug (the beginner level is about $40 per year) and then I insert them to my blog using the blogger photo uploader on my posts - I just use the URL, which will size them according to the linked photo size. If you want larger photos, you may need to do a different template, though, so that it can handle the larger sizes. Hope it works for ya!

Amy said...

Got the cards!! They are even more cute in person!! Thanks! I made sure that Melissa got hers. Looks like it's chilly there! Be careful and take care!!

Weekend Highlights!

Prom!  Stunning couples!  A gorgeous evening!  Willem and Raegen! Yesterday was the baseball parade and opening ceremonies! SO many people! ...