Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Good Memories, Good times

Some superbowl snacks and brownies with Junior Mints melted on top. My friend Alisa, also a fan of mint :) gave me this yummy recipe. SO easy, a brownie mix and two big boxes of junior mints.
We had a really fun weekend! Friday was a house cleaning day for me and boy did the house need it! Then Friday night we just relaxed. Saturday afternoon my dad, my brothers Matt and Phil and Matt's girlfriend Natasha drove over from Lynden. What a fun group!! Saturday night we went to Michael's on the Lake, we had a delicious dinner with lots of laughs! And Sunday we hung out here. Vance and Matt were glued to the TV with all the superbowl pre-game stuff and then the game, Merit was pretty into it too. My dad made a prime rib roast and we had a yummy dinner before the game. Willem was CRAZY about Natasha. She played for hours in the playroom with him. She loves kids! I was so excited that he warmed up to her so quickly. She is friendly and fun!

Oh, Merit wanted to have a boxing match with Grandpa Jim. He even made a poster that read GRANDPA JIM VS MERIT. Merit hardly left his side.


Me and Natasha


My brothers and me. I love hanging out with these guys!

I had lots of time to relax last weekend, but now it is time to GET BACK TO IT! I have to finish my Substitute's Suitcase Course which, by the way, is giving me the itch to substitute teach again. Also, I told myself that by the end of January I would register for another 10 credits of distance learning courses... but that hasn't happened yet. These are some of the classes I am considering:
Reading Success for all Students - this is geared for K-3rd grade teachers
Boy Writers
A Science Course called Healthy Body - focuses on exercise, good nutrition, hygiene, identification of internal and external body parts
Exploring the Complete Kindergarten and First Grade Classroom
I'll be back for Thriftin' Thursday...

7 comments:

April said...

Hi Michele~
Thanks for your sweet comment...yes, my mom, brother, and dad all died within a six-year time period starting in 2000. I wouldn't have been able to get through it had it not been for my faith in God...He's been so good to me!

What a fun family it seems you have! I only have one remaining sibling, a brother who lives in Arkansas. We haven't seen each other in over 2 years. I really miss him! Enjoy those special times together with the people you love!

You really must share that recipe...I LOVE chocolate and mints! Yummy!♥

Unknown said...

How fun!!! And what great pictures! I am drooling over the junior mints yummies as well...I LOVE mint!

Linda said...

Those Junior Mint brownies ... wowie! I will have to try that. I love your blog!

Natasha said...

It looks like you guys had a great time with out me and Lesha! Natasha looks so cute and her and Matt make a great couple. Please remind your boys that I need to still be their favorite Natasha ;) It could get confusing for them...

Anonymous said...

It looks like you guys had a great time! Good luck on your classes if you decide to take them. I have to do CEUs for both of my licenses. It gets really old!

Daphine said...

Great pictures! Sounds like you guys had a lot of fun together! I really like the picture of Merit and Grandpa Jim! Very cute!

Edie said...

It looks like you had a great time. I love that *boxing* picture. That is just priceless.

Weekend Highlights!

Prom!  Stunning couples!  A gorgeous evening!  Willem and Raegen! Yesterday was the baseball parade and opening ceremonies! SO many people! ...