Thursday, February 5, 2009

Thriftin' Thursday

Organizing... dusting... making the room cozy, uncluttered and inviting... and adding thrift store goodies to warm it up. Let's see if I can keep it that way (!)









Clear glass fun. I decided to shop Goodwill for some clear glass treasures. I loved these shapes. 49 cents each -- you can't beat that. We have a tiny bathroom off of our bedroom. I painted this little Goodwill table several months ago and thought it's current "home" could be that little bathroom with some fun candles and their glass containers.


I am not frequenting the thrift stores as much as I would like, because I am feeling quite busy with other things in my life... but a thrift store bargain is always a treat!! I enjoy the blog Nesting Place and "Nester", a wonderful mom of three boys with a fabulous decorating talent, did a little segment on the Master Bedroom on Monday. She had some great advice. Our master bedroom is usually a mess. It has piles of clothes that need to be folded or folded clothes that need to be put away, it is usally in need of a good dusting and there are a pair or several pairs of my shoes hanging out on the floor in there... anyway, Nester encouraged me to get it together! And thrifty finds helped.

5 comments:

April said...

OK, that does it...I really have to find out where the local thrift store is. I'm in the mood for a serious bargain hunt! Love your great finds!

Natasha said...

I love "Thriftin' Thursday" Nester also inspired me. So once we move I am taking her advice. I love your finds. How long have you had that little vanity in your room? I don't remember it. Everything is so cute and shabby chic!!

Anonymous said...

I love all of your finds. I am with April.... I need to start shopping at thrift stores.

Unknown said...

Really cute ideas! And what a GREAT view in the bedroom!!! It is so pretty out there, I bet it is wonderful to see the sky at night!

Alisa said...

Great finds, Michele. Isn't it fun to find a cute bargain?!:)

Weekend Highlights!

Prom!  Stunning couples!  A gorgeous evening!  Willem and Raegen! Yesterday was the baseball parade and opening ceremonies! SO many people! ...