Sunday, February 15, 2009

Stresses and JOYS

This is the "good race" handshake.
OUR BOYS!














Our buddy Luke came over to play with Willem on Friday. He is a sweet boy with an evident love for life! Merit working on the valentines for his classmates.

On March 13th, it will have been two years since I was in a car accident that has caused me to experience some rough times. In the two - three months following the accident, I wondered if I would ever feel normal again. I had neck pain, jaw pain and headaches that at times made it very difficult to care for my two little boys. Thankfully, after seeking care - mainly chiropractic care - I am not experiencing anything close to the pain that I was. But this week has been tricky. Insurance issues are arising... I am still seeking treatment, but not nearly as often as I was... I know that this next week will be spent trying to determine a dollar amount for the treatment I intend to seek. The insurance company wants to settle, I pray for wisdom in all of this, it has been a pain in the neck, literally~

I am so thankful, however, that my boys were not injured in this accident. I am also so JOYFUL to report that most days I feel normal. Many prayers have been answered.

Willem's behavior lately has been tough. I was talking to my sister in law Cary about Willem's tough afternoon he had on Thursday. She reminded me that she felt 3 years old was harder than 2 with all four of her girls. I also remember three being really tough with Merit -- and now Merit causes me such little stress. hmmmm I will pray for patience. And remember to enjoy all the good things that come along with three year olds as well.

JOYS
Merit colored a valentine for all 18 students in his class. I found free printable valentines online and each day last week he spent some time coloring them and writing in them. This was so much fun to watch! Then on Friday I was able to be a part of his class valentine party. It was WONDERFUL~~ Those kindergarteners were so entertaining!! What a great way to end the week~

This weekend has been really fun. We've read a lot, played some fun games, got some good outdoor time yesterday... Willem is really enjoying his bike and because we don't have a paved driveway or sidewalks out here, we took the boys bikes to Vance's work where they had room to ride and ride. Willem especially loved it!
For Valentine's Day, Vance got me two large YANKEE candles. They smell wonderful!

8 comments:

Daphine said...

Very cute photos!

Sorry to hear that you were in such a serious car accident! I am glad to know that you do feel normal most days and that your boys were not injured! That's a big praise all by itself. Praying for complete healing for your friend. Keep us posted!

Anonymous said...

That is just terrible about the accident you had. I will keep you in my prayers.

I love the pictures of the boys. They are all so cute!

Hmmm... I love Yankee Candle!

This N That For Health said...

My boys were both the hardest at 3!! I thought I sailed by with not too much trouble at 2. But then 3 came!! :) Soccer starts soon!!! I hope Merit will be on the team again!!

April said...

Hi Michele~
Darling photos!

I had no idea you were in a bad car wreck...sounds like God was watching over you and your boys! I pray that, with time, you will be fully healed.

Happy Monday!

Unknown said...

I am so sorry to hear about the wreck. I am soooo glad everybody came out OK, even though you are still having neck & back problems. :-( I will definitely keep you in my prayers.
I know what you mean about 3 being challenging. Ethan has a really strong personality, but I remember at 2 thinking that it was easier than I had heard it would be. Now I know it is more like "terrible three's!" And his temper--wow! "3" definitely has me on my toes! The hardest part for me is knowing how to set the example, especially when he's at mach 10! At one time I talked to his pediatrician about his behavior. She told me it was normal, and that she would be worried if he wasn't behaving this way, because this was a normal part of development. That makes me feel better sometimes.

Maria said...

What fun and adorable pics of your boys and Luke. I have been so blessed by your thankful attitude...even during the "rough" moments of life & parenthood. Thank you for being such a great example. I am so thankful that God kept you safe in that wreck a yr ago...and pray you find total relief soon.

Unknown said...

Oh our lives with boys!!!!!

Lesha said...

Looks like Merit put a lot of time into those valentines.

I hope you keep feeling better and there is an end to the whole fiasco. Thanks goodness it wasn't any worse, but still what a pain in the neck for you!

Weekend Highlights!

Prom!  Stunning couples!  A gorgeous evening!  Willem and Raegen! Yesterday was the baseball parade and opening ceremonies! SO many people! ...