Friday, August 6, 2021

a little bit Restless


 a little bit Restless


 My family home became a different place over the last several years. As I type that, the message is absurd. Of course it did. My mom is not there. 

I just had these moments - recently - of that feeling a bit more heavy than it had for some time. 

I have had many things feel sort of heavy this summer. 

Back to H Street Road...

When Merit and Willem were small and even when Hazel was a babe, I would stay at my dad's occasionally. 

My mind would go, go, go

The house sort of became alive with memories of my mom at 3 a.m.                   Minds are funny like that. 

Then, we didn't stay there for a while and my dad hasn't hosted Christmas Eve in the shop the last two years because it is a place of work and clearing everything out for a four hour dinner and party is A LOT of work! Most of that work being put on my dad and Phillip. The kids miss it because it is what we did for 8 or 9 years. Tasha and Reese have been gracious enough to host (so wonderful) and it is fun and inviting! (easier too) but my kids stopped having memories at my dads. Oren clearly not remembering time spent there. My goal for August; running in that back 40! Checking out the creek there! Exploration with Uncle Phil - blackberry picking too! 

Time changes and families change and things change and there has been a little more sadness in that  - summer of 2021 - than goodness. 

I have been looking for dining tables and couches for Merit on Buy, Sell, Trade. (His mattress we will buy new. ;-) For his apartment in Walla Walla. That stings too. Yet, this kid will do great things. 

His course schedule looks good. And he will be playing baseball for Walla Walla CC. A dream come true. 

Pray with me for Tasha and for her heart. 

If you have a home filled with memories and memories are still made there, well it is a sweet gift - something precious. 

Heading down to Crab Creek where my mind is less restless. And the smoke HAS FINALLY cleared! Blue skies and 80s, just perfect!

And as we press forward we pray for God's guidance. 

Blessings seem to pop up when we least expect them and there is always joy in the journey.


No comments:

Life!

The baseball game Tuesday in Wenatchee was a letdown, but the drive home was not! I captured these beauties in Quincy -- And I had so much f...