Thursday, September 10, 2020

No filter

 Today we had a zoom with Hazel and Oren's teachers. After a few technical difficulties we saw their lovely faces and we got excited about this "blended" school year. 


Vance complained about the current state of the refrigerator and the messy kitchen counter. 


I baked banana bread and shared some with friends. Sharing is typically a mood booster for both the young and the old. 


Merit did his basketball drills in this smoke. He mixes it up, going to different courts around town. Willem and I ran some fun errands, tried to shock each other with ridiculous scenarios and jokes (this is what Willem and I LOVE to do) and we got Mexican food. The smoke threatened to ruin our day but Wild Will's long hair and laughter kept my spirits bright! The Mexican food did not hurt. 


One of these days I will eat celery sticks and yogurt and drink eight glasses of water. I just am not quite sure when that will happen.

I will wear tight jeans and never worry about a muffin top. 


There is a layer of ash and dust on everything. Blah. 


This blog is almost becoming a journal and I know Vance and Willem are not fans of this. They would rather their loud mouth wife and mom just kept life's injustices to herself. But oh these times are testing me. 


I poured myself a glass of wine at about 8 o'clock, picked a bunch of sunflowers for my chickens, prayed for our teachers, and hugged my babies.


Grace upon grace


No comments:

Life!

The baseball game Tuesday in Wenatchee was a letdown, but the drive home was not! I captured these beauties in Quincy -- And I had so much f...