Sunday, May 17, 2020

Sunday! May 17th

The last several summers we planted our garden on Mother's Day and keeping up on weeding and maintenance got tricky in the days and weeks following, with us being out of town for baseball quite a bit.

The cool thing is when I got back from a three day tourney with one of the boys, I could visibly see the progress of the garden. Now, I check on it six times a day. Little progress is noted. On a positive note, there are less weeds than previous summers.

Yesterday I went to the Farmer's Market while Merit shot at a nearby hoop. The breads they have there! Delicious! I bought an asiago cheese and a smoked gouda bread. We had the smoked gouda cheese bread with ribs, baked beans, and a salad last night. Yum! The market has a couple of people selling handmade sanitizers, soaps, lavender products... so much fun stuff. And the asparagus we bought there the last two weeks has been so good.

School in the fall does not look like "normal school" I would love Merit and all of the seniors to have a fun, "normal" year! Playing sports and making memories with friends... we shall see I guess. That feels hard.

About 5 months ago I bought a beautiful handmade doll house. I really like doll houses - more than my kids ever have.
It fits Barbies okay, although it was not built for that size doll. I know I will get a little girl here one of these days who falls in love with it... our friend Addie? Our niece Quinn? Our niece Ingrid? Today I am going to set it all up and see if I can entice Hazel and Oren to get their play on.

10 quarantine blessings

1) Sibling bonding
2) and the TIME for sibling bonding
3) time for exercise
4) This is the best I have slept in 20 years
5) Garden fun, garden time, time to weed
6) baking
7) Prairie style living
8) time for letter writing
9) Farmer's Market outings
10) I don't have to make school lunches! Whoop whoop!



There is good in this, there is hard too.
For example, personality conflicts are a bit magnified when you are 60 days together, all home -
It takes patience and forgiveness.
The dishes
The small businesses that are suffering. I am so impressed with the creative ways they are trying to move their product! Delivery, curbside pick up, online shopping...
I feel very sad for those who have lost their lives to Covid 19.


My verse for this week.
2 Timothy 1:7
For God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control.


No comments:

Life!

The baseball game Tuesday in Wenatchee was a letdown, but the drive home was not! I captured these beauties in Quincy -- And I had so much f...