Thursday, May 7, 2020

School at home, Ephrata hike, I love spring!


We have had more time for outdoor fun, true. But we are doing school from home too. 
Merit is writing a huge paper for English, I am hearing more about his sources and thought process, I like it. 

Through the month of May, Frontier Middle School is hosting a non-perishable food drive. Students can drop off food on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 11-1 and vote for their favorite subject. We pulled up Tuesday and the smiles on those teachers faces! Everyone has come together in a big way! Well, actually they are working together without much gathering together and are doing a remarkable job.

Mrs. Naylor, Oren's teacher, drops off packets with a weekly newsletter, items for graphing, and for art and science fun. We are so blessed. 

Our school district is amazing.

So much of their learning is so interesting to me. I am getting a better view, I guess you could say. 
Alliterations (Hazel)
Figurative Language (Hazel)
Adding onto ten (Oren)
Geometric Series ( Merit)
Civil War History (Willem)

I have always had a peak into their learning, but as of late I am more involved and am asked to help or teach more. 

These are the most interesting of days. This is new ground.















Yesterday we hiked in Ephrata.
It was beautiful, wonderful, and fun! 
The wildflowers were amazing! 
There is a cemetery not far from the trail. This cross is so cool.







Our cozy deck

No comments:

Life!

The baseball game Tuesday in Wenatchee was a letdown, but the drive home was not! I captured these beauties in Quincy -- And I had so much f...