Friday, May 11, 2012

Finding joy and friendship in the journey, Missing my mom and being a mom




I am having some goat issues.
Our neighbor goat is about to tip me over.
"GO HONE GOAT!" is what Hazel often yells.
I've been pulling weeds and working a little harder at preventing weeds. I did the pinterest newspaper trick (suppose to be a great weed preventor) in a large area in our backyard.  I didn't think the wind was blowing the day I took on this project, but I quickly discovered it was. So, trying to lay newspaper over a big area with a little wind  and a curious puppy wasn't easy. Also, I kept running acrossed coupons I wanted to clip. That is me: thrifty, easily distracted and random. Then I bought several bags of mulch and spread that out over the newspaper. As I have madeover a couple of areas, I have been motivated to buy some fun perennials and a couple of blueberry bushes. These plants don't thrive in an area where a goat loves to eat and wander. Quickly, my plants were eaten. Why is this neighbor goat not focusing on my weeds?? It seems to focus on my new blooms and treasured plants. And why does this goat sometimes roam free?
Today over coffee I shared our goat problem with 5 great friends. We often find ourselves sharing things much bigger than a roaming goat. But I realized as I shared my story that this is a group of women who are easy to share with. The good, bad, sad, silly and ugly. God has blessed me with some fantastic friends. I left the morning at Maria's feeling blessed and nourished. With mother's day right around the corner, I certainly miss the friendship I had with my mom. I miss sharing the big things and the little things with her. She would laugh if she could see me or Vance chasing this goat off.  I miss many things about her. God knows our needs and places people in our life who never replace those who we've lost but these people bring us joy and share our pains - if we let them.
I feel so blessed also to have four siblings who share with me memories of our dear mom!
They are some of my favorite people to be around.


Today, my friend Katie (a beautiful blessing, a friend who also shares joys and pain) emailed me the above link to a blog with a post I might be able to relate to.
I did. I love the way the author writes and through tears I read through her beautiful post... thought I would share.

This weekend will be a weekend of soaking up these kids! And remembering my mom with love...








Finger painting! I never let the boys do this at 2. I am so much more laid back
than I was several years ago. I love watching my kids be creative!


2 comments:

Natasha said...

That goat! Someday you will look back and laugh... someday. And you are right, Mom would have thought this was hilarious! I could see her standing in your front yard while you or Vance or one of the kids is screaming at the goat and chasing it, laughing and kind of bending over while she is laughing :) I love the link you shared too. Sometimes I don't want to even think about all we've missed with her, because I know it is so so much. Happy Mother's Day to a wonderful sister and mama!

cindy said...

burberry bolsas
Chanel bolsas
Guess bolsas
Louis Vuitton bolsas
T Shirt
Gafas de sol
sac louis vuitton 2012
louis vuitton soldes
sac louis vuitton soldes
sac louis vuitton
porte cles louis vuitton
boucle chanel
sac dolce gabbana
sac guess 2012
sac gucci
sac guess
Guess Tasche
Louis vuitton tasche
Swimwear
Dolce Gabbana Tasche
T Shirt
Christian Louboutin Soldes
Christian Louboutin 2012
chaussures Christian Louboutin
sac a main
lunettes de soleil
Accessories & jewelry
Sac a main
tee shirts Armani hommes
tee shirts burberry femmes
tee shirts burberry hommes

Wild Will

  When Merit was a senior, I had all the feels.  Now that Willem is a senior, I have all those feels but they are intensified.  Because now ...