Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Making Memories

This very first picture is of the old, grand red barn at Hovander.
My Aunt Janis often took us to Hovander Park growing up, it is my all time
favorite park. Saturday was a beautiful day for exploring that park.


BIRCH BAY

The boys digging and playing in the sand
HazelMy sis Natasha

Birch Bay

I have so many memories of Birch Bay growing up! Of beach combing, having picnic lunches, time with family, walking out to the water when the tide was way out, getting a treat at the C shop... we got to make a few more memories there this past weekend. The kids and I drove up Friday. They were fabulous travellers and we were so excited to arrive and have Natasha and Lane greet us.
This weekend was good. The kids got to see their grandparents there and we got to celebrate my Grandma Dorothy's 90th birthday!! I was able to show my children Birch Bay and Hovander Park, two places I loved as a child. I may love them even more now. I got a little visiting in with two of my treasured friends - Lissa and Kristen - I love visiting with these girls, but time is always too short.
Spending time with my siblings was also a highlight along with reconnecting with cousins who I haven't seen in quite a while. I have lots of pictures to share... here are some favorites. More to come...

HOVANDER
Hazel and Kyrie
Hazel's new peach and mint green head band is a
gift from Kyrie's mom - a very sweet gift!



Merit, Lane and Willem --- these boys had LOTS of energy! Trail blazing, wrestling, running, laughing and fighting... fighting between my two anyway!
It felt really good to get out of town. But a "trip" with three kiddos is a lot of work! I am so glad we aren't flying anywhere this summer! I'll be unpacking and getting organized for a day or two.

4 comments:

Robin Beck said...

Beautiful, beautiful! I love all the pics especially the ones of the boys running towards the barn, Hazel and her lovely head band and Natasha with her joyful smile!
Thanks for all the info on the thrift shops and Bargin barn-I appreciate it!

Robin~♥

Leah said...

Gorgeous pictures Michele - what a beautiful place. Looks like endless amounts of fun for adults and kids. Enjoy relaxing back at home. Traveling with kids is definitely tough on mama!

The Price Family said...

Too bad you aren't over here more enjoying all of the fun things of Whatcom County! Glad you got to spend time with your family and friends. Love the pics, nice job!

Anonymous said...

Wow! That looks like a gorgeous place! I am so glad that y'all had a great time!

Wild Will

  When Merit was a senior, I had all the feels.  Now that Willem is a senior, I have all those feels but they are intensified.  Because now ...