Thursday, July 23, 2009

Thriftin' Thursday along with a little baseball fun



Oh the thriftin' fun! I hope our baby girl likes thriftin' as much as my boys do!
Check out the handmade, beautifully knitted dishcloths! 20 cents each! (and the CUTE vintage children's book also pictured was a gift from my sweet friend Lisa!) The quilted pillows are headed out to a wooden rocking chair down by the cabin! 50 cents each. The wine brick is soo fun $1.99. And the two books - 50 cents each... one of them is really marked up. Both are the teacher's editions of an old reading series. The one that is marked up a bunch I will tear into and use the fun, bright pictures for my card making. In fact, I think I feel a give away coming on... maybe some cute, bright children's cards made with illustrations from one of these old books!







Last night, Merit, Will, Vance and I supported our local baseball team, the Pirates. This was my first game of the season, but the guys second game. It was a great way to spend a beautiful summer evening. We have had lots of 90 -100 degree temps for the past two weeks. It sure feels good sitting out at a Pirate's game once the sun has gone down with a Thelma's Frozen Lemonade.























this brown eyed boy is a huge sports fan! Baseball, football, NASCAR! He is a big supporter of the Pirates, even though they have had few wins this season :)

4 comments:

Maria said...

Michele, What fun finds! I love the pics of the boys.

Natasha said...

I love those thriftin' treasures!Your boys are so cute. Those brown eyes really stand out in that picture!

Lesha said...

A baseball game sounds like fun! Willem looks SO happy in the black and white picture. The one of you and the boys is cute. I see you stomach is growing a little more since I saw you. You look great!

Anonymous said...

Great finds! Glad you guys enjoyed the baseball game!

Weekend Highlights!

Prom!  Stunning couples!  A gorgeous evening!  Willem and Raegen! Yesterday was the baseball parade and opening ceremonies! SO many people! ...