Monday, July 20, 2009

Our weekend and baby girl thoughts


Spending time at the creek relaxing and trying to fit in a little card making :)



My youngest brother Phil and his good friend John spent the weekend with us. They added some laughter and fun to the Jansen house! Our boys love these guys! In fact, when they left Merit was very sad. He had a ball with his uncle and friend! We spent a lot of time hanging out in the yard with them, they went for golf cart rides with the boys, played the Wii with them and entertained some of their silly, fun games. :) Saturday night we went to the Ephrata races - that was a blast.


Yesterday afternoon and evening we went boating with our friend Jeff on Moses Lake. Moses Lake is a great boating lake. Merit went tubing for the first time and we just enjoyed relaxing in the sun! I hope to post some pics of this soon! I didn't have my camera but Jeff had his.


By about 3 or 4 these days I am ready for a little nap. And my pregnant belly is really growing. Vance and I discuss names every other day or so. Agreeing will be a challenge! :) When I was pregnant with Merit we knew that if we had a boy we would name him Merit. When I was pregnant with Willem, we did not have a favorite girl name or a favorite boy name. We went to the hospital with several of each. After he was born, we went through our list of the top 5 boys names and he just seemed like a Willem. He IS a Willem, and Will suits him wonderfully too. Now we are so fortunate and blessed to add a baby girl to this family! This squirming, kicking, rolling baby girl keeps me entertained! It is so fun to feel how much she is growing and moving!


Oh, and I have been sneaking away to our cabin just a little here and there for pieces of relaxation and card making! See photos! I love this little get- away!








4 comments:

Susanna said...

The cards are adorable! I need to find more time in my life for crafting again. But I have been tackling big house projects instead. So did you come up with any possible girl names?

Natasha said...

Love the cards ;) How fun to have Phil and John there, I am sure there was never a dull moment. I know how hard deciding on a name can be, we are really struggling as you know!

Mindy K said...

Was it John Stap? I really like that guy and I work with his Mom.

Naming a child is so important and special. I know it will be unique and adorable.

My sister in law, Christina has been talking about that a lot too.

Anonymous said...

I am sure you guys will come up with a beautiful name for your daughter. I am glad that you had a great weekend!

Wild Will

  When Merit was a senior, I had all the feels.  Now that Willem is a senior, I have all those feels but they are intensified.  Because now ...