Friday, June 26, 2009

We have all sorts of fun blooms outside and in previous years we see our most blooms in June and then it really tapers off. I have tried to bring lots indoors. And have been on the hunt for funky vases, jars and milk glass.


Crazy about the yellow roses...

I have all this fun yarrow growing in our yard... and now lavendar too!
The dried yarrow makes a fun "gift topping" or can be placed in containers like this... $1 store containers! Can't beat that!
As I work and work at these college courses that have to be finished by June 30th! I TREASURE breaks, flower picking, strawberry picking and runnning out in the yard with the boys kinds of BREAKS!
I want to post pictures from our awesome family weekend last weekend - but I am having some issues with my computer card reader so they aren't yet on my computer. I told myself that can wait till I get more of the course work done for my college classes. Vance keeps telling me " you don't need to get an A on this stuff, just meet your requirements. Well, for each class I have three essays to complete and a lengthy multiple choice test.The essays need to be single spaced, 4 -5 pages. I am having such a difficult time generating enough for an essay that long! Also, I am developing a unit on Fairy Tales that needs to be 8-10 pages long... Last Friday I sent in all of my course work for two five credit classes. I felt pretty good about the product, but my essays were short. I received an email from the college Wednesday afternoon telling me I need to CLOSELY follow the rubric and resubmit my essays! They were too short! SO, my assignment is to E-x-p-a-n-d and resubmit!
My friends have been soo sweet - knowing I am a bit overworked! Marie brought us dinner for tonight! And Maria made us the most delicious strawberry tarts... our dear friends Lissa, Trav and their girls will spend the weekend with us. So, it is time for another hour or two of essay writing then a little vacuuming and floor mopping and I am ready for a visit with friends.
On a side note, Merit has LOVED Vacation Bible School this week. What an awesome program. And Willem is so patient while his mom types away.

4 comments:

Abby said...

Hi Michele!
Sounds like life is good in your corner of the world! Enjoy your weekend!

April said...

Michele~
So sorry for the confusion...Abby has started her own blog and I didn't realize she hadn't signed out!

Anonymous said...

Good luck with your essays. That was one of the things I disliked most about college.

Beautiful pictures!

Lesha said...

lYellow roses remind me of mom! I love them

Weekend Highlights!

Prom!  Stunning couples!  A gorgeous evening!  Willem and Raegen! Yesterday was the baseball parade and opening ceremonies! SO many people! ...