Sunday, June 14, 2009

A little of this and that


Mackenzie and Willem

This picture of Willem and the dandelion boggles my mind. Three weeks ago he could hold one of these, run through a field covered in these or pick me a bundle of wildflowers. Today, he can do none of this. I will be so interested to see what the allergist says. Friday Willem's eyes were red, itchy and puffy. His left one was almost puffed shut. We had a rough day. This all started after a walk down to the creek to take our labs swimming. 15 minutes later he couldn't stop rubbing his eyes. Also on Friday, we waited hours for a plumber to get here to fix a broken toilet and then when we tried to go to the park that afternoon, Willem was so itchy and uncomfortable we turned back and went home. :(
Yesterday he had a great day. His eyes looked fine, no allergy issues. The boys and I left for a while while Vance mowed the lawn. When we got home the boys had a water fight and had a blast. We stayed away from the creek and tall grasses and just played in the yard. Now today, Willem is covered in hives! His lower body looks awful. He just took an Aveeno bath and I gave him some allergy medicine. He isn't uncomfortable anymore... I hope it all goes away.






Yellow roses... my mom's favorite...it is
so fun to have a rose bush covered in them.










Boys!

3 comments:

Susanna said...

Our roses are so beautiful right now too. I just love them!!! Yesterday our neighbor cut off a fe of her roses for our Ethan and I think he is in love.

Anonymous said...

Poor Willem! I really hope you figure out what's going on soon!

The roses are beautiful! My Mom really loves roses too and she has several bushes of different colors.

Jodi said...

Your blog looks so bright and fun!

Weekend Highlights!

Prom!  Stunning couples!  A gorgeous evening!  Willem and Raegen! Yesterday was the baseball parade and opening ceremonies! SO many people! ...