Monday, April 27, 2009

out of the mouths of babes

Our six year old Merit is quite excited about this baby on the way. I have to share this sweet story.
When I was about 10 weeks along - before Vance and I had told anyone I was pregant, including our boys - Merit asked me if I could please try to get along with daddy. I felt sad, wondering if Merit felt we had been at odds. I asked him " do you think dad and I have been fighting or argueing?" He answered "No. I just heard when two parents REALLY get along, they sometimes get a baby. " My smile was huge. My heart felt warm. I wanted to tell him right then and there "we WILL GET A BABY!!" But I knew I needed to wait for Vance. So, needless to say, two weeks later when we told him I am expecting, he was THRILLED!
I am due on Merit's Bday - October 14!
Everyone needs a six year old in the house.

12 comments:

Kelley Gubler said...

that is too cute...caiden has also been wanting a baby. we keep telling him someday, not yet. so the other day he told his sunday school teacher that i was having a baby. i was confused when she congratulated me...so we had to have a small talk with him...but it is pretty cute when older siblings get excited for a baby. hope you're feeling well...

Tami said...

Awwwww, what a precious story!! Gotta love those little things they say at that age!

Have a great day!
Hugs~T

Anonymous said...

That is such a sweet story. I think it's great that he is excited about the new baby!

Natasha said...

Ah Merit, he has some great things come out of his mouth! Can't wait to see those boys soon!

Jodi said...

I love it! Write it in a journal somewhere.

April said...

If that isn't the sweetest story! I LOVE IT, Michele! You are going to have so much fun!

Daphine said...

What a cute story! Too cute!

Maria said...

The things kids say! God has truly blessed you with two intelligent boys and we are so excited for this little one that is on the way!

Mindy K said...

Rick and I must really get along. "Twins" I miss you guys. There is nothing like the bond of a mother and their 6 year old boy. I absolutely love my kids' ages right now. So funny and independant. Take care.

Lesha said...

That is so sweet. It makes me miss the little guy. ; ) I am sure that made even more exciting to tell him the news! He WILL be proud of your new baby on the way. Send a pregnant picture of yourself soon. Hope you are feeling alright!

Tara said...

I'm a mom of three and four year-old boys who is not quite sure she's done with the whole pregnancy-nursing-not-sleeping-for-six-months thing. Your story put tears in my eyes and chills on my arms. Good luck with the baby. Aren't kids great?

Unknown said...

That is sooo sweet!

Life!

The baseball game Tuesday in Wenatchee was a letdown, but the drive home was not! I captured these beauties in Quincy -- And I had so much f...