Friday, April 10, 2009

Spring, raising a puppy, loving life

Spring! I am typically more of an Autumn girl... but after a winter with more dark days than usual I am very ready for spring. I am loving kite flying, blooming daffodils, walks with Willem in the stroller, bike rides, soccer games... it is wonderful.
Merit has had a fabulous soccer season. His determination and skill on the field makes us very proud! I will post some soccer pics this weekend.
I had the opportunity to take Merit's teams soccer pictures, along with one other team. I LOVE photography and I appreciate different chances to practice and improve.
Our adorable, pain in the neck puppy, Betty brings us much joy and on some days even more frustration. :) She is my shadow. She wants to be where I am. When I walk with her, I so appreciate her company. She also has done a couple of things to make me crazy. Last week, she got into the soccer pictures I took. She chewed and ate most of the soccer pictures. I hesitate even sharing this story because I felt so stupid for leaving them in a place where she could get to them! I was soo frustrated when I had discovered what she had done. Yesterday, I had them reprinted. The very cool thing is that Ahmann's (soon to be J Keele photography) re-printed them all for me at NO CHARGE!!! I love this business. They do GREAT work, they are professional and they are generous too... they said "it isn't your fault Betty ate the pictures" Well certainly it isn't their fault either! What a kind act.






Me and Betty, yes I still love her

PS This pregnancy is wonderful. Other than not having much of an appetite, I feel SO GOOD!! Fruit smoothies, jet teas, bran muffins and icecream sound good -- meat sounds awful. Cooking it makes me want to gag. But I feel so blessed to be assisting God in this miracle!! I am grateful.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Totally understand the cooking thing!!! Meat still looks disgusting to me even this far along, but you have to do what you have to do! I am glad you are feeling so good! You look wonderful!

Jessica said...

Love the pics especially the one of you and Betty..love that ring! Oh, I remember quite well being sick from meat and poultry. My poor husband ate frozen meals for months. Happy Easter!

Anonymous said...

Those pictures are wonderful! That is admirable that the company you use to print your pictures did that for you. We have a little kitty that is dangerous around pictures. We have to put them up or he chews them to pieces. I am so glad that your pregnancy is going well.

April said...

Sorry to hear what happened to your pictures, but glad that everything worked out in the end! I love the photos you posted. The one of you and Betty is too cute! Glad to hear that your pregnancy is progressing well! Hope you have a Happy Easter!

Mindy K said...

Michele,
You look fantastic. I am happy to finally see you on the blog. I left you a message today. Christina, Mark's wife is expecting in Oct. also. Auntie Happiness just got even happier.
Love the pics.

Daphine said...

Great pictures! What a nice thing for them to reprint the pictures at no charge. It was indeed a kind act!

Glad your pregnancy is going okay. How exciting!

Happy Easter!

Lesha said...

That was nice they printed those for you at no charge! I love the picture of Willem on the swing and the family picture is so great......all of them. What is it with meat and pregnancy not mixing together! Glad it is going well. I will be back to see soccer pictures!

Wild Will

  When Merit was a senior, I had all the feels.  Now that Willem is a senior, I have all those feels but they are intensified.  Because now ...