Thursday, December 25, 2008

HOME FOR CHRISTMAS



THE PLAN WAS to leave for Lynden yesterday morning. Last night was the Christmas Eve celebration at my dads, today would have been the whole family at Stan and Adies, tonight Christmas at my dear Grandma Alma's...and so on. But this state wide storm has really affected the milk hauling business and Vance quickly realized by the evening of the 23rd that a little trip was not in our near future. SO, we are home. Although I am missing family in Lynden, I have tried to have a really good attitude about staying home and our boys have been great about it. It has been a cozy, quiet family day. And the SNOW is absolutely beautiful. I do wish Vance could relax and enjoy it... but the work pressures are evident.

I must say I am sooo thankful for my little family ... I thank God for them, for our health and for this White Christmas.

2 comments:

Daphine said...

I'm sorry for the change in plans for your family. I would have so loved a White Christmas! The pictures are beautiful!

Unknown said...

I'm sorry you didn't get to go to Lynden and that Vance has been so busy! I see a nice vacation/trip in your future :-)

Weekend Highlights!

Prom!  Stunning couples!  A gorgeous evening!  Willem and Raegen! Yesterday was the baseball parade and opening ceremonies! SO many people! ...