Friday, November 3, 2023

More than just trudging...

 






Look at this beauty!


I am so grateful that there are five great things even in every crumby day. And if we shared only the five blessings, the five moments of goodness, the five little moments that kept us going, it might sound to everyone else that our life is without struggle. 


No one's life is without struggle. 


Social media is a dangerous thing. 

One could post a great meal, an encounter with friends... a gift from a friend, an accomplishment at work, but still feel a lot of adversity, hardship, and pain.... it does not mean they are "faking" a great life. I believe it simply means they are finding JOY within or aside from the pain. 

Yesterday that was my day. The day had some hardship. I was criticized in several moments. I worried about family struggling, out of town. I felt concern for people I know and love who are sick.... but without ignoring that concern, I found ten moments in my day that I could be grateful for. 


I trudge through some days. I -and all of you- are certainly worth more than just trudging! I need to embrace life. I need to reach out to others, I need to care about myself. 


I am so excited for this weekend. I am not sure exactly what I have to be excited about, but if I anticipate good things, if I find little ways to bless people, if I turn to my Bible, if I turn to the Lord, it will be a good weekend.


Some days it feels like we have two choices, HOPE or DESPAIR 

I will choose HOPE every time. 

No comments:

Life!

The baseball game Tuesday in Wenatchee was a letdown, but the drive home was not! I captured these beauties in Quincy -- And I had so much f...