Saturday, June 5, 2021

Hank Buchmann

Several months ago a long time author, a former custodian, and a friend to SO MANY developed a severe case of Covid. Pneumonia hit him too. Hank was in a coma, on a ventilator, and for a portion of his hospital stay, he was in Portland, Oregon. He spent months in the hospital. 

There were many ups and downs, but Hank FOUGHT for his LIFE! And we have all witnessed first hand - through his healing -  the POWER OF PRAYER. 

A Hank Buchmann support group was created through facebook - his three sons organized this, I believe - and people from far and wide began to pray for this dear man. The family helped update loved ones and helped us know how to pray. 

Wow, I realized how much he was loved as a story teller, an author, a friend... 

And I began to pray for him. His illness and his journey, it became very close to my heart. 

My friend Marie remembered him fondly, my friends Jason and Shannon spoke so highly of him. Moses Lake School District teachers shared accounts of his speaking in their classrooms. Linda told me what a wonderful man he was and her girls just love him too.  I learned of so many people who had books of his that still had not been signed and they wished for another face to face, a book signing included, another hug, another visit....

I had some moments today and yesterday of God feeling very far. Almost like He may have forgotten about us for a few days. My sis Natasha is again in the hospital. Oh, I have prayed for a miracle for her heart for so long. I have prayed for healing for her heart. 

I also felt I needed our mom to walk us through this one. 

We had a few other things happen - causing emotion and pain - and I wondered what is this... and why? Weary would best describe my state. 

 I walked into my friend Linda's backyard (we did a sale at her home together) and there at her beautiful outdoor table sat Hank Buchmann. I said "Hank!" Tears filling my eyes! I said "you don't know me but I have been praying for you for many months!!"

He stood up and gave me a big hug! 

Somehow in Linda's beautiful backyard on a windy Saturday God showed His face again. And it was through Hank Buchmann. 

And I thought I had given up on miracles until I saw one right before my eyes. 

No comments:

Life!

The baseball game Tuesday in Wenatchee was a letdown, but the drive home was not! I captured these beauties in Quincy -- And I had so much f...