Friday, June 4, 2021

Elastin and Collagen

 I bought this elastin and collagen lotion yesterday. 

I bought at exfoliator at the Bellevue Square mall five months ago, a high end skin care store caught my eye. The young man lured me and in and asked me which of my wrinkles bother me most. Willem watched the whole process from a tall spa chair. And witnessed a lengthy sales pitch. I fell for very little of it. 😂 My kids are the best. They rarely ever whine. I count my blessings! 


 And today I think of the gift of growing older. 


My mom never really saw it to the elastin, collagen, hair color, days... botox wasn't considered -  yet she could have lived to be 65 and not considered it. 


Natasha's heart is struggling. And not really knowing the timeline makes us feel helpless. 


You know how you have a go to person? At least I hope you do. For some it is their mom, for some their dad, for some their best friend. My go to was my mom until she passed away and then my go to became Natasha (side note, ALL of my siblings are amazing and we all take a big interest in each other's wellness. They are some of my greatest blessings!) I have some very terrific friends and family too. ❤️


But Natasha, she can read my mind before I say the words. Better yet, she can read my heart. 


I have had a week of being asked a few questions I cannot answer and a week of knowing decisions that need to be made that make me feel a little overwhelmed. Decisions for Merit too - decisions he needs to make but I am at his side. I am finding the role of being a parent of an 18 year old because I am really not sure what that looks like. And I am pretty sure I am making some mistakes along the way. I feel like I am not old enough for this. Lame excuse. 😂


Embrace your wrinkles, your cellulite, your grays - even your sore hip or knee - a long life lived well is a blessing. 


Please pray for Natasha. She is in the hospital and my heart breaks. Thank God for the power of prayer. Please pray with me. 


They may adjust meds - get her healthier - send her home in a day or two. We do wonder how close she is to needing a transplant. 

Subbing first grade today where for seven hours I will watch the amazing process of light bulb moments in a class of  absorbing brains and I will witness pure honesty. Therapy at its finest. 

No comments:

Life!

The baseball game Tuesday in Wenatchee was a letdown, but the drive home was not! I captured these beauties in Quincy -- And I had so much f...